Close
Advertise Here

A 3D OUYA is in the Making!

This is pretty exciting news. Pocket-Lint is reporting:

Our source told us that the company is excited about the launch of the first OUYA, but is not resting on its laurels. The 3D version will offer stereoscopic gaming on a compatible 3DTV.
    This would be pretty crazy. I wonder if it will also have the upgrade TEGRA 4 in it, and what else it may have. Kinda crazy that they are already thinking about creating a new model even before the 1st ships out.

Oh man, I am totally going to make my 2d sprite game use this... s- somehow...
    Last edited by WesPaugh; 01-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.

This is an unfortunate choice, IMHO. This Stereoscopic 3D thing is going to fade. Too many issues still with it.

I'll pass. 3D sucks big way.

I don't understand this, Tegra 3 alredy support 3D with NVidia 3D Vision. What if I generated distrust leads Tegra 4. If so, leave OUYA forever. If every year comes new OUYA, OUYA it isn't a consola, is a Android minipc with gamepad.

Re: A 3D OUYA is in the Making!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottiny View Post
    I don't understand this, Tegra 3 alredy support 3D with NVidia 3D Vision. What if I generated distrust leads Tegra 4. If so, leave OUYA forever. If every year comes new OUYA, OUYA it isn't a consola, is a Android minipc with gamepad.
    I disagree. This exact same issue is why ps3 and xbox360 is having problems. The hardware is so out of date a low end PC can dog em. Of course who wants to drop 600 dollars every year on a new console? On the other hand spending 99 dollars every year on a new console would be OK in my book. Which is why I believe ouya can succeed where a ps4 and xb720 will fail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I though I mentioned this before,
    For developers, to include a 3D system is quite straightforward if the SDK has it in mind.

Personally, I don't enjoy much stereoscopic 3d (it's difficult to focus the attention and easy to get tired) but, if I can, I will implement it in any game I'll make.
    I don't think it must be considered an essential, just an optional enhancement to the standard experience.

Id Software is already playing with the idea since Doom 3, and John Carmack is thinking to push virtual reality hardware forward.

The current OUYA devkit seems to already have support for 3D in the settings, and it's enabled by default: https://twitter.com/_Falken/status/288348320139730946