Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Minecraft Is Officially NOT Coming To OUYA :( <-Murka's Sad-Face.

https://twitter.com/JediMunchies/status/403912665149366272

I'm sad, minecraft is not one of my favorite games, but it is a good game, and could have done wonders to promote OUYA.
    Wondering what changed Notch's mind.
    Oh well...

1 members found this post helpful.
    *Side-loads Android version*

http://androidcommunity.com/minecraf...jang-20131122/

2 members found this post helpful.

Re: Minecraft is officialy NOT coming to OUYA :(

It's not that bad
    (Developers, start porting your clones, quickly!)
    “Casi siempre, la vida del ser humano es repugnante. Los videojuegos son lo único que la hacen soportable.”
    Almanake de Anorak
    Capítulo 91, vesículos 1-2

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Wow that really sucks...I wonder what went south.
    [Google+] +EldonMcGuinness
    [Facebook] Eldon.McGuinness
    [Twitter] @EldonMcGuinness
    [Links] [OUYAME] [OUYA.Wiki]
    [Apps] [On Screen Alerts] [BootyCall]

Poor sales of OUYA games and upcoming XBOX One and PS4 versions probably makes that one of the best decisions they could have made. I like minecraft but it's the sharknado of indie games, too much publicity overshadowing other great projects.

That was their most legitimate reason eh? Fine.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K
    There are thousands of OUYA users that want Minecraft. It's bound to be brought up over and over again for the next 5 years (barring it isn't brought to OUYA).
    Ha! I win so screw you, lol.

I'm gonna have to agree with Murka in the way that Minecraft is by no means a good game to me, but is a considerable loss to OUYA along with actual Minecraft fans. This was a good decision on their part and while people like arcticdog do have a point, it however won't weigh the negatives out. The core of every business is to maximize output while minimizing input and OUYA sadly wasn't the console where they could have done that with. In the future they can change their minds so let's hope for that.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Meh... No worries really. Since Notch handed over the Minecraft project to his team, he hasn't been able to manage anything productive or seemingly had the motivation to do so.

His company has become the product of a one-hit wonder. It filled a Niche, took off, turned cult and that's as far as it will go for them. Mojang is one indie that won't bother with OUYA.

But once the console becomes big enough and they do change their minds. I'm sure we'll be quick enough to remind them that they abandoned the platform when they could have helped it significantly instead.

Bye Notch, don't let the door hit yo.... oh I forgot, he buggered off and never gave OUYA a chance in the first place.

Thanks for the $10,000 anyway.

OUYAForum Fan

I don't really blame them, they are already rolling in cash at this point. Why would you spend considerable effort to port it to a system with such a small user base? (In comparison to PC and big consoles) Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense for that Mojang given OUYA's current market share and the cost VS reward. Even though I'm an OUYA fan, I'd probably make the same decision if it were my business.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarYAtique View Post
    It's not that bad
    (Developers, start porting your clones, quickly!)
    Now this comment right here is the exciting part, this decision basically opens the flood-gates for someone to provide Minecraft fans with a similar game for the OUYA. If done well (and not a direct copy, have SOME unique-ness to it), I'm sure it would be one of the top sellers on the OUYA.
    ComboMash Entertainment Inc | Facebook | @ComboMash
    OUYA Games : Hextraction (Forum Thread) | Pole Force One (Forum Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by grantmoore3d View Post
    I don't really blame them, they are already rolling in cash at this point. Why would you spend considerable effort to port it to a system with such a small user base? (In comparison to PC and big consoles) Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense for that Mojang given OUYA's current market share and the cost VS reward. Even though I'm an OUYA fan, I'd probably make the same decision if it were my business.
    I'm not sure I'd say an OUYA port is a "considerable effort". There's an XPeria Play specific version of the Android pocket edition. Which means, they already have a non-touch control interface developed. Taking it further to utilize the ODK would be an extremely small effort, I'd say. And if it's not.. I'd say the bigger issue in that company is their development methodologies.