Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jack N' Jill - Rohan Narang

Hey everyone, new member here.

Jack N' Jill is my first game on the Ouya. It's a retro one button platformer with gameboy like monochrome graphics and 8bit music. The entire game, with 80 levels spanning over 4 worlds, is completely free to play. However there is an option to pay if you think the game deserves it.

Please download it, try it out and let me know what you think of it. Here's a trailer video for the game:

Hope you all like it!

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

We were talking about your game earlier this evening! Looks right up my alley; I loved my GameBoy back in the day.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

This is good quality, no gimmicks, retro inspired fun.

I would love to see your 'Helm Knight' platformers on OUYA too. I think they'd be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    We were talking about your game earlier this evening! Looks right up my alley; I loved my GameBoy back in the day.
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen26 View Post
    This is good quality, no gimmicks, retro inspired fun.

I would love to see your 'Helm Knight' platformers on OUYA too. I think they'd be appreciated.
    Thank you! Although I would like to put up something better, the Helm Knight games are definitely a possibility. I'm flattered to see that you're aware of them!

The best "one button"-game I have ever played. At least that I can remember. Every power-up is useful and change the way you have to think ahead, the tiles that break doesn't just mean that you can't use them anymore - sometimes you even need to break them and come back for something under them. Very clever level design with just the right amount of heads up when a jump/danger is approaching. You can't see too far ahead but it's never so short it's unfair. Very sweet music, I have made up my own lyrics as I played and sing in different tunes and the protagonist is among the cutest things I have seen this year so far. I don't know if I'll beat it tonight but I think so because I can't stop playing.

Will donate when I'm done, absolutely.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Re: Jack N' Jill - Rohan Narang

I'll definitely check this out when I get home this weekend! Sounds like something I'll love!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

This is a lot of fun. currently on world 2...great way to spend the day sick in bed well worth my donation cant wait to see more from you

and wow didn't know you made helm knight I played that on my phone would love to see it on OUYA

Beaten and donated! I went with the "Donate some more" option, because I don't have a lot of money but I didn't have it in me to donate the smallest amount for such a fun game.
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by watson387 View Post
    I'll definitely check this out when I get home this weekend! Sounds like something I'll love!
    And I hope you do like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenut86 View Post
    This is a lot of fun. currently on world 2...great way to spend the day sick in bed well worth my donation cant wait to see more from you

and wow didn't know you made helm knight I played that on my phone would love to see it on OUYA
    I'll definitely consider porting Helm Knight. Glad you're having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    Beaten and donated! I went with the "Donate some more" option, because I don't have a lot of money but I didn't have it in me to donate the smallest amount for such a fun game.
    Thank you so much for all the kind words! It makes me very happy to know that you liked the game so much

This is an enjoyable game. My only complaint is that holding down "O" causes Jack to jump sequentially. This can cause a problem if you do not release "O" quick enough, as the double jump which follows may get you killed. As gamers we are accustomed to jump buttons not utilizing a "turbo" feature. We naturally assume that we must press the jump button for each time we wish to jump. Holding it has not yet offered any benefits for me. It would be great if this small issue could be addressed in a future update.

Keep up the good work. I am really enjoying this game on the OUYA.

Cheers.