Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUYA Fighting League

What do you want to see in the game? I hope they get Neon Shadow Guy in it or maybe one of the enemy characters

What do I want to see? *pulls out list

• I'd like to see online multiplayer. If that's not possible, at least some bots. I have no one to play with so games that are not single-player friendly, I can't play. It'd be a shame if I missed out on this.

• As for characters, I'd like to see the main character from RED.

• A suggestion for the levels would be that, similarly to Super Smash Bros., there could be levels within the game referencing levels of other games of the characters that are being used. For example, one level can be the beach of Wrecking Balls Arena. Items such as volley balls, buckets and sword fishes can randomly pop out.

• A special skin for each (or just the unlockable) characters would be cool too.

• I'd like to see PS3 controller support.

*gasp*... That's all I have for now

OUYAForum Fan
    I think Meltdown pretty much nailed most of it. Basically just clone Super Smash Bros, get a collection of interesting characters from various OUYA devs (my vote is for Amazing Frog!), throw in some interesting combat techniques for each and release!

Are you thinking of putting one together or is this more of a hypothetical thread right now?
    ComboMash Entertainment Inc | Facebook | @ComboMash
    OUYA Games : Hextraction (Forum Thread) | Pole Force One (Forum Thread)

Thanks for the topic, Jake! I'm the lead developer behind this project that started a few weeks ago. Here's the original Reddit post that started it all.

As I have said previously, we (you'll find out who everyone on the development team is soon) have very little to announce about this project at this time; we're keeping almost everything under extreme wraps for now. I can say, however, that development is moving along just fine and we're already in discussions with a few OUYA developers about using their characters. We'll keep them anonymous for the time being.

When we're ready to release info/screenshots on the game (which to be brutally honest might be quite awhile), we'll be sure to post about it here, so stay tuned! Keep posting what you would like to see in the game. Don't expect an official comment from us on any unconfirmed rumors or speculation unless we announce such info to be true.

Oh, and one last comment that I've touched upon before: Don't expect this to be just a Smash Bros. clone. If anything, the gameplay will probably resemble Power Stone more than SSB.
    Last edited by Animan; 11-11-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Main developer of Wrecking Balls Arena (queue to OUYA), Trashmania: After Dark (queue to OUYA), and co-founder of indie dev group Team Kakumei. I also use Twitter sometimes...

"In order to grow your audience, you must betray their expectations."
    —Hayao Miyazaki

Re: OUYA Fighting League

Power Stone is a great game! I'd love to see Pizza Boy here. He'd definitely add some hilarity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

nice idea for a game!
    some characters I would like see are...... (sorry if some one said it and I didn't see)
    Amazing frog
    Reaper
    BombSquad guy
    These are just a few ideas

That Orange Guy!
    OnLive Fan
    OnLive Username: Slingshot

Oops, forgot to mention a few other things that I've said before...

• The only character we will confirm right now is a Wrecking Ball from Wrecking Balls Arena; perhaps it shouldn't be too much of a surprise, though, since I was the main developer behind that game .

• Game is being developed in Unity3D.

• Don't expect the initial roster to have more than 10-12 characters, although we won't rule out the possibility of adding more characters after the game is released. Obviously, the roster will be limited to characters from OUYA games, but we're not excluding those that aren't from OUYA-exclusive games.

• Online Multiplayer is something we're highly considering, but right now it's low on the priority list.

• Developers: If I never sent you an email/PM asking about using your character(s) and you're interested, PM me or email me at jtbont[at]gmail.com
    Main developer of Wrecking Balls Arena (queue to OUYA), Trashmania: After Dark (queue to OUYA), and co-founder of indie dev group Team Kakumei. I also use Twitter sometimes...

"In order to grow your audience, you must betray their expectations."
    —Hayao Miyazaki

My list of charaters (ideas) would include:
    Wrecking Ball
    Amazing Frog
    Neon Shadow guy
    Pizza Boy
    Reaper
    Towerfall characters
    Red
    Gentlemen
    Potato Man