Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The OUYA Game Bundle - Anyone Interested?

Hi guys, we are working on creating a humble bundle for OUYA. It will be called either the OUYA Bundle (OUYABundle.com) or OUYA Game Bundle (OUYAGameBundle.com). My question is, would you guys be interested in something like this? Do you think it would be worth a shot?

Also is anyone interested in helping out with this project? We need designers, programmers etc. Currently we are the number 1 forum for the OUYA, and we have an ever growing community of fans, and developers. We feel this would be the perfect platform for us to launch something like this.

It would be awesome if we could have something complete and ready for launch. Let me know your thoughts, ideas, opinions, and if you would be interested in helping out.

Ed
    OUYAForum.com
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Why reinvent the wheel? Can't you partner with HumbleBundle? ... also, with actually OUYA having its own store, why isn't this a native app for OUYA, why would you need a separate portal?

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

The humble bundles basically do the job of highlighting cool games that would otherwise struggle to get beyond the circle of indie game devs/fans that are "in the know," or to help people pluck out the gems of games otherwise drowning under the tidal waves of shovelware.

The trouble is, once you've got to the stage of needing that, the market has already failed!

Consoles sidestep this problem by having a limited number of big releases (source) and spending big money promoting them. Ouya is purposely doing neither of those things. I really feel it is up to the community to take up the slack if Ouya is to succeed.

There are lots of ways the community can do that. For example, I'm currently trying to organise a meetup of UK devs and fans. I'm also trying to make an awesome game. I can think of a dozen other things that Ouya gamers and fans can do without needing any special skills. But I think bundles are probably less useful at this stage.
    Last edited by James Andrew Coote; 12-16-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

It sounds cool, but I think it's a bit early to be thinking about it. Most of the point is, as was mentioned, to highlight cool games that need more visibility. But the Ouya isn't even out yet, we don't know which games are going to need that highlighting or not, which ones will be worth it or not. And also, people won't think they are getting a deal if the games haven't been on sale yet.

A better idea would be to contact Humble and partner with them.

I'm not really sure how a partnership would work with them. The main reason we are seriously considering this is because the Humble Bundle always has a mixed bag of games. We thought that if we were to focus only on OUYA games, we could do a lot of things that HB can not do. Imagine a monthly or even bi-weekly OUYA Bundle featuring full games that are available on the OUYA, and in some cases "ONLY" available on the OUYA.

We could even get the OUYAForum community involved in helping us pick which games we try and bring to the bundle. This would significantly help smaller developers get on the map, and get their games into thousands of gamers' hands.

We really think this could benefit both gamers and developers while at the same time, bringing the OUYA community together to help each other.

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

It's really quite simple. Either on of slightly before the OUYA release, you email Humble and ask them if they receive enough applications for OUYA games if they will put together an OUYA bundle. That's it. You then get OUYA devs to submit their games.

IMO HB can do a lot more than a self put together bundle will ever be able too. + I'd like my bundle games stored together, another bundle platform just splits it all up and ruins it.

I'd wait until around this time next year. Let people get a feel for the games and product first.

Quote Originally Posted by Noeh View Post
    ... also, with actually OUYA having its own store, why isn't this a native app for OUYA, why would you need a separate portal?
    I agree with this. However, it would probably be interesting for OUYA to branch out to people who might not have an OUYA (yet). Sony recently launched a Playstation Store available from any internet browser too, for example.

Just posting to point out there are probably 30+ "bundle" sites out there that are not the humble bundle.

HB also have one hell of a waiting list/backlog from what I know, while some Ouya titles may turn up in future bundles, I doubt we'll see a "Humble Ouya Bundle" any time.