Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUYA Meetup UK?

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

OUYA Meetup UK?

UPDATE 2:
    We now have more than 80 people registered for the event, so the venue owners have put a cap on further registrations. If you are interested, I've got another two meetups in the pipeline at the moment, so keep posted as I'll be able to announce the details very soon

SUPER-IMPORTANT:

You must register with our venue's owners if you wish to attend:
    http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/home...sole-in-the-uk

If you don't register, they may not let you in!

UPDATE:
    I've created a meetup group and facebook page. Feel free to join and/or encourage all your UK buddies to sign up as well. The more the merrier!

http://www.meetup.com/OuyaUK/
    http://www.facebook.com/events/319956668117685/

Time: 18:00, 24th Jan 2013
    ______

How many people would be interested in getting together to talk all things OUYA down in London around mid-January?

I was thinking by then, developers would have their dev kits, and could bring along their consoles so that they can show off their prototypes and let gamers try out the OUYA. I should be getting a dev kit/console myself, so I reckon would need another two or three developers to also commit to make it worth while. Then we can hire a place and make it like a mini-convention. Otherwise can just meet up somewhere more sociable
    Last edited by James Andrew Coote; 01-22-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

I think this is a stunning idea.
    The more devs that get together the better, plus some of the pre-order "consumers" too as feedback for devs always helps.

If this could be made more official by getting somebody from Ouya themselves visit it would be great. I can only see this being a positive thing for Ouya Publicity and helping keep momentum after the end of the kickstarter. The more this is in the public mind the better the launch will be and more likely it is to hit retail as a success.

Maybe somebody should get some official Ouya merchandise, keyrings, usb sticks, stickers or T-shirts etc for the event.

I can only see this working well with Official Ouya support, but whatever happens, A developer get together would be wonderful.

You would be interested in coming I take it?

I mailed the OUYA guys about the idea. I'll also try asking via twitter as they seem to actually respond to that
    @JamesACoote

No official reply from the Ouya guys yet, but I did manage to get hold of a number of developers who will either be bringing along their dev console or bringing along a tablet & demo of the games they are going to port to Ouya once they get their hands on a dev kit!

I need to organise a venue (though I have one in mind already), but otherwise, I'd encourage everyone to spread the word and/or start organising their own events in their local area! In particular, I went through the list of games coming to Ouya and noted down where all the developers are based. Seems there are a number in Brazil, as well as a scattering of European devs (Germany, Sweden, Spain). In the North America, there seem to be concentrations in Texas, California, Eastern Canada and the Eastern Seaboard USA. So plenty of scope to get in touch with other devs and fans if you live in those areas!
    @JamesACoote

Awesome Job James!

Looks Like OUYA is going to be attending!!
    As per there post on Google Plus (https://plus.google.com/u/2/10187037...ts/7fiTmxJYRpT)
    OUYArchy in the UK!

Our resident Android expert, +Al Sutton, will be at the OUYA Meetup UK Thursday, January 24, 2013 in LONDON. Come say hello, pick Al's brain, and visit with fellow OUYA UK Devs!
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I am going to try to make it, but considering the state of my finances and the cost of travel its unlikely.

I'm driving down from Nottingham for this will all the stuff in the boot. There is a chance I might be able to give a couple of people a lift. No guarantees though
    @JamesACoote

This seems very intresting indeed, I ll see if I can make it too
    Even though I am from Belgium, so I would need to take a boat
    I'll ask my friends who are also interested in the OUYA to come allong, and maybe we'll make a roadtrip to London =P

OUYA Meetup UK?

Iam going to try and get down south for this work permitting would be great to get a look at one of the dev kits and controller etc and see what devs this side of the pond are producing

I would love to attend, but since I am in the USA, it would be way too costly
    Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn