Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wanted: Developers for OUYA All-Stars Fighting Game

Original Reddit Topic <----- Look at this first!

So yeah, people want this to happen, and quite frankly I do too!

While I originally intended to hand this project over for someone else to take over (college and another game project of mine), after much thinking and discussions with my game development group Team Kakumei, I've since changed my mind and will gladly take the role for directing this project! In addition to that, we'll also need several people who can do:

• Artwork and graphics, most notably for Character and Stage Models (most likely 3D)
    • Fighting Mechanic Designer
    • Programming (I would guess that Unity3D will be used)
    • Sound Design
    • Musicians
    • Possibly Networking (people seem to want online multiplayer for this).
    • And probably much more that I'm forgetting about.

So, if any of you are interested in these roles, please let me know!

As a final note to all developers: If you're interested in having your characters be included in the game, please let me or the new lead/director (when he/she is found) know about it! Here's a spreadsheet to keep track of that: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fV2U2ZUE#gid=0
    Last edited by Animan; 09-25-2013 at 03:50 AM.

To be honest, I would suggest you set a small cast, and contact the people in charge of them, then if they want the character in the game they can work with the others that do to make it happen.

You can't really make a game full of characters from other games with out contracts, or at the very least approval, with out that you wont be able to charge for it or put it in discover.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleXXXBalla View Post
    To be honest, I would suggest you set a small cast, and contact the people in charge of them, then if they want the character in the game they can work with the others that do to make it happen.

You can't really make a game full of characters from other game with out contract, or at the very least approval.
    That might be a good idea; I figured, though, that the spreadsheet would be good to get an idea of which characters gamers want as well as keep track of which developers have expressed interest in having their characters featured in the game. I guess a list of characters to contact developers about could be made from the spreadsheet after a few days or weeks; contracts can be handled from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Animan View Post
    That might be a good idea; I figured, though, that the spreadsheet would be good to get an idea of which characters gamers want as well as keep track of which developers have expressed interest in having their characters featured in the game. I guess a list of characters to contact developers about could be made from the spreadsheet after a few days or weeks; contracts can be handled from there.
    good call, you would get a much more polished game too if the actual developers of the character provide their sprites, backgrounds, etc. then you just need someone who is good at deving fighting games to tie it all together.

good call, you would get a much more polished game too if the actual developers of the character provide their sprites, backgrounds, etc. then you just need someone who is good at deving fighting games to tie it all together.
    Indeed, and being able to balance characters too.

For the artwork, though, I think the All-Stars developers should set a few simple guidelines for the other developers to make their character models and such, mostly to help maintain at least some consistency. I can't call it official yet, but I would gladly provide new character animations and stage artwork for our Wrecking Ball character from Wrecking Balls Arena.

UPDATE:
    OK, after a discussion with Team Kakumei and thinking it over some on my own, I've decided to be project lead for this game after all. Hope I don't screw this project up too much.

With that, we just need people to fill most of the other positions listed in the first post. Let me know if interested!
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 10-01-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

This sound like a great idea! I like it.

You guys need to get Don Ramiro from Maldita Castilla (Locomalito...should be on Ouya soon) in this game. Just a thought...

Great idea! With so many game characters to choose from on OUYA, youre bound to find 20 devs willing to let you use their characters.

Wish you the best of luck

You can't really make a game full of characters from other games with out contracts, or at the very least approval, with out that you wont be able to charge for it or put it in discover.
    You won't be able to distribute it period without permission from the developers who own the characters unless you want to possibly get sued. A lot of people don't understand how fair use works. Not charging for it only satisfies one element, and doesn't guarantee you're legally safe to use someone else's IP, even in a limited fashion. Even using the word OUYA in the title may be a little iffy. Any final product doing so should probably be run by Raffi first.

That said, if developers jump on board with it, this is a great idea!

I can help out with the fighting mechanic/weapon design if I'm needed.