Close
Advertise Here
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 257
  1. #81
    OUYAForum Fan Failrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New york somewhere.
    Posts
    467


    Quote Originally Posted by TripleXXXBalla View Post
    setting it as your custom launcher should be fine... it has an option to remove it as default launcher in the settings.



    XBOX Freestyle Dash



    Wii USB Loader GX
    I got it working. I rebooted twice and it all of the sudden worked! Looks awesome. Does this at all require root or is it not needed. I have root but I like when It's not needed. The store looks great. It takes time to cache images but it's worth the time to allow all the menus to load. Some of the games and apps get cut off though. I like that you don't show all the images at once though. It's a lot neater that way. I'm gonna show this off on youtube. =)

  2. #82


    I also noticed when I select it as my default launcher I push the home button and it does nothing then I push it again and it takes me back to the menu it seems like I have to push it the home button like 4 times to get it to the main menu

  3. #83


    This is because OUYA is making that differentiation from within the apps manifest, and in the docs they ask developers to add the right intent to their apps (weter it is an app or a game). If OUYA is making such differentiation.. why not take advantage of it? I find it a bit more organized imho, despite the fact you have less tiles in that category.

    Also that is why some emulators fall into that category, because the emulators developers sometimes tag emulators as 'APP' and no 'GAME'
    I get that Ouya has the custom intents, I just don't really see why normal apps need their own root menu item. It just seems more logical to me to split menus by Games and Apps, then you can filter the Ouya specific apps or such using filter views; having it under a whole 'nother root menu just seems unnecessary and (because of the current wording) sorta misleading (or maybe hidden is a better word). I use quite a few of the sideloaded apps (youtube and xbmc) and just like having them under 'Make' in the default launcher I wouldn't immediately think 'Other', as I would see 'App' and think that's where they would show up.

    Anywoof, that's obviously just my opinion and you are free to stick to your guns on your launcher. Hell, I may even be the minority on the point.


    Quote Originally Posted by twistedvivid View Post
    I also noticed when I select it as my default launcher I push the home button and it does nothing then I push it again and it takes me back to the menu it seems like I have to push it the home button like 4 times to get it to the main menu
    When you say 'push' do you mean a quick push? or a a long press? Just want to make sure it isn't just a silly misunderstanding of the 'U' button mechanics, because just pushing the 'U' triggers the app menu, not the Home action.

  4. #84


    quick pushing it twice then quick pushing it again twice brings up the launcher

  5. #85


    hmm, and it only opens on the second double tap, every time? Then unfortunately I won't be able to help any further as that sounds like something only Invaders will have an idea about.

    Maybe (and real long shot here; please take no offense Invaders), the action.DEFAULT is missing from android.manifest?

  6. #86
    OUYA Developer InvaderGames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    132


    Quote Originally Posted by kiba urufu View Post
    I get that Ouya has the custom intents, I just don't really see why normal apps need their own root menu item. It just seems more logical to me to split menus by Games and Apps, then you can filter the Ouya specific apps or such using filter views; having it under a whole 'nother root menu just seems unnecessary and (because of the current wording) sorta misleading (or maybe hidden is a better word). I use quite a few of the sideloaded apps (youtube and xbmc) and just like having them under 'Make' in the default launcher I wouldn't immediately think 'Other', as I would see 'App' and think that's where they would show up.

    Anywoof, that's obviously just my opinion and you are free to stick to your guns on your launcher. Hell, I may even be the minority on the point.
    Well I sort of understand, but, I repeat, it feels more natural to have apps sorted somehow, and not just mixed in the same box right after you install without having to fiddle around each one of them to sort them out. I probably wont be changing that. What I may do, after I finish with all the major stuff I am adding, is probably the ability to move apps to a different category if you need (think the PSX emulator for instance, or in-developement apps). Those are either misconfigured or just not configured yet, or for some reason they dont show up where they should. This will also allow users to move around the apps whatever way they need between menues.
    I have not 100% decided how this will work, but it is a pretty requested feature as of now.

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedvivid View Post
    quick pushing it twice then quick pushing it again twice brings up the launcher
    Isnt that the expected behaviour..? you press twice the U utton, goes to the default launcher (either the OUYA launcher or mine).. there is really no more than that (also, android oes this automatically, I just define the launcher in the manifest, android does the rest)

    Quote Originally Posted by kiba urufu View Post
    Maybe (and real long shot here; please take no offense Invaders), the action.DEFAULT is missing from android.manifest?
    It is there..
    Manuel Etchegaray
    Aka: Manuel777
    https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    http://invadergames.net
    [email protected]

  7. #87
    OUYAForum Fan Failrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New york somewhere.
    Posts
    467


    When I plug in a usb hub it causes the launcher to keep rebooting. Also it wouldn't hurt if the text had a drop shadow because it blends in with the stock bg which I like that bg a lot! I think the animation speed for when moving around the interface could be faster because it feels really slow moving around the menus. The images load super slow to.

  8. #88


    It is there...
    Yeah I figured it would be; I reread the android SDK docs about it and guess I misread the description for category.DEFAULT (so badly, in fact that I read 'action' instead of 'category'), so you can ignore the ramblings of my mind. And I'm gonna shut up with the debugging suggestions; I'm like 0 and 3 now or something.

  9. #89
    OUYA Developer InvaderGames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    132


    @kiba_urufu; Dont worry! feedback is always good no matter what! I preffer that over nothing, keep them coming!
    It also allows me to explain some things more in-depth for whoever feels like reading some tech-y stuff about how everything works, and why not, make suggestions on how to improove the current codebase or systems

    So, right now I am uploading 1.0.6 as I type, here's the list of changes:
    - Animations settings added for tiles
    - Chached animations now stay in video (just loads once!)
    - Experimental UI enhancements
    - Store completely redesigned

    I also included a couple more wallpapers.. I would like to add some more, chosen by you guys if possible. If you have a wallpaper that you would like to see included by default with the launcher, pass it around, its as easy as pie

    Edit: I must admit this version is pretty goddarn stable in comparission to the previous ones, I am using it as my default launcher ever since I remove the old store without any major issues!
    Manuel Etchegaray
    Aka: Manuel777
    https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?6515-Custom-OUYA-Launcher
    http://invadergames.net
    [email protected]

  10. #90
    OUYA Developer Cave Four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Cave
    Posts
    947


    Quote Originally Posted by InvaderGames View Post
    @kiba_urufu; Dont worry! feedback is always good no matter what! I preffer that over nothing, keep them coming!
    It also allows me to explain some things more in-depth for whoever feels like reading some tech-y stuff about how everything works, and why not, make suggestions on how to improove the current codebase or systems

    So, right now I am uploading 1.0.6 as I type, here's the list of changes:
    - Animations settings added for tiles
    - Chached animations now stay in video (just loads once!)
    - Experimental UI enhancements
    - Store completely redesigned

    I also included a couple more wallpapers.. I would like to add some more, chosen by you guys if possible. If you have a wallpaper that you would like to see included by default with the launcher, pass it around, its as easy as pie
    going to scoop it up asap, will comment back, ill check out the wallpapers too, and see if I have any suggestions.

    The top right corner shows the FPS and some other information im not sure intended to be there.

    I like the in-out tile animation, very smooth

    The wallpapers are alright, but more OUYA orientated ones would be nice.

    The horizontal layout was a change for the better, feels much easier to navigate, but I'm still not sure I like having to press "o" to navigate it, seems like it would be easier just to press up or down to get into the tile selection.

    Changing the color of the selected menu would make it much easier to know what section your in, sometime I still get confused if im looking at the "store" or "games section etc.

    The genre icons was a very nice surprise, but you should put some on the front store section for a-z, genre, sandbox, etc.

    The store still crashes occasionally for me, and my modded apks icons still don't show, if you could fix those two issues I'd be very happy about that personally

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks
  • Submit to Digg Digg
  • Submit to del.icio.us del.icio.us
  • Submit to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
  • Submit to Google Google

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •