Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

3 members found this post helpful.

"Rose & Time" pulled from Discover as result of FTG Response

Sad. I really liked that game, here's a quote from developer Sophie Houlden

"It’s their inability to admit that they have f***ed up," said Houlden. "S**t is blowing up on all sides, every single piece of PR that is put out damages OUYA’s reputation more, and the plastic-marketing-smile never seems to come off. They never get serious to deal with stuff. They never change course when things are going down the toilet."
    Read more on the matter here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...es-fund-stance

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

That blog was posted eleven hours ago while this Twitter message was posted ten hours ago. Did she get talked back into re-supporting OUYA and forgot to take down the blog, or will remove it tomorrow?

2 members found this post helpful.
    I just got my OUYA and I was super disappointed when I found out this game got pulled. I wish that I had downloaded it already so I could play it. Is there any way to get it still?

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    That blog was posted eleven hours ago while this Twitter message was posted ten hours ago. Did she get talked back into re-supporting OUYA and forgot to take down the blog, or will remove it tomorrow?

That's very interesting, I wonder what Julie told her

Something tells me, we will be finding out soon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zalandrys View Post
    I just got my OUYA and I was super disappointed when I found out this game got pulled. I wish that I had downloaded it already so I could play it. Is there any way to get it still?
    Try http://www.totalouya.com

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    That's very interesting, I wonder what Julie told her

Something tells me, we will be finding out soon
    I'm curious myself because Sophie was obviously pissed off and also wonder what Julie could of said to her to calm her down. Hopefully nothing that can't be shared with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Try http://www.totalouya.com
    Thank you so much! It was there.

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

This was an interesting twitter exchange

★ Sophie Houlden
    chatted with @juhrman for an hour on skype. I think we both got a lot out of it and my faith in OUYA's intentions has been restored a lot.

Richard Perrin
    @S0phieH Did you get any clarification about how they're handling the Gridiron situation? As that is more my concern than their intentions.

★ Sophie Houlden ‏
    @PerrinAshcroft somewhat, I don't want to just repost without giving a heads-up, but I think a lack of "congrats to gridiron" is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    ★ Sophie Houlden ‏
    @PerrinAshcroft somewhat, I don't want to just repost without giving a heads-up, but I think a lack of "congrats to gridiron" is telling.
    Did we just get real? I-I'm checking the internet's pulse right now. Yep... We just got real. Something good happened for sure, but I hope it's the absolute worst case scenario for Gridiron Thunder.

Not to be "that" person, but... I frickin' hate sports!

4 members found this post helpful.
    Whatever it was, Sophie has led the way in getting Julie and the company as a whole to listen and adopt changes. For that I commend her.

I think there were some decisions made last night. If they are what I think they are based on my own experience, then all I'll say is that there's legitimate method in the madness and they know what they're doing. The lack of recent transparency though is down to certain legal matters which are best left out of public view. There's been a lot of bad press of late, OUYA airing the dirty laundry here would not be in anyone's best interests.

From what I can tell though. Julie has gone on a bit of a rampage of late and has tightened the company up. The promotion is already more professional if a bit too clinical, and there's a more serious tone about the team. It's a transitionary phase where OUYA have realised that things have been a bit too relaxed, and as I've said to Julie in conversation (even before Vita TV was announced)... Competitors are on the way, and they will sing, and they will dance to take the market share. As fun as it is to be a company with the control in this new market. It's not going to be that way for very long. Other companies are going to host the same titles and they too are going to fight for exclusives too. So the game has to be upped and it is time to knuckle down and focus on the serious business elements.

In the end I got a thank you for the feedback, and she said they were aware and were already taking steps to prepare for the competition.

So the heart of Julie and her staff are in the right place. It will become evident soon. The OUYA we know and love, yet have been slightly irked about so far, is changing. It will be for the better.