Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Genius Greedy Mouse - Space Fractal

a bit old trailer (why ouya is not shown in the end):

Full description:

You are a mouse, a very, very hungry mouse, living in a large underground world. Luckily, your world is filled with the delightful cheeses that you so desire. If only you could just reach out and eat to your hearts content.

Unfortunately, the life of a mouse is not quite so simple. The cheese is not easy to obtain and many traps and puzzles will hamper your endeavours. Using all your cunning mouse skills, like all crafty mice can, you must find your way to the cleverly located cheeses. Can you eat all the cheeses ‘Greedy Mouse’?

The game plays through a variety of themed levels, encompassing both ingenious puzzles, and amusing diversions. Each level is played a move at a time, giving the player time to plan ahead and oversee the result, step by step. Play as fast or as careful as suits.

This game was just published on OUYA yesterday, but it still missing on the ouya.tv game list (thinks its just matter of time its would been added there.

Price:
    - You can play pretty much all levels for free, but only in light and normal mode.
    - "The Genius Mode" (previus "The Premium Key") cost 1.99$
    - "Unlock All Levels" cost 1.99$

Screnshots:

Game Homepage (with more screenshots and features of the game):
    http://blog.spacefractal.com/mobile-apps/greedy-mouse/

PS. The crash loading bug have finally been fixed, without im got that noticed in time. Look for the last post for more info.
    Last edited by spacefractal; 02-22-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: just a inapp item change.

I had a chance to play this last night. Love the visual style! The sound/music stuttered throughout the levels I played. Going on my buy list when the sound gets sorted out. It's a game the family will enjoy.

I'm are aware, but im not sure it's can been fixed?

It's dosent happens often only once out of many and app restart allways works.

It's mightbeen a sdl issue, but is not a major issue.

I was going to try it out for five minutes or so last night and I had so much fun I ended up playing for almost an hour instead. As JerTM I too love the visual style - it really really speaks to me for some reason.

I didn't see any option to buy it though, is there a paywall after the 17 first stages or did I miss something in the menus?
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Awesome, I'll have to check this out. Reminds me a lot of Skullmonkeys from the PS1

the game art was taken inspiration from Neverhood.

Around purchasing the "The Premium Key", im will explain that better in the next version by showing the text soon you are side of the required tile, so you will been more aware of that.

Here is the place to purchase it:

PS. Im will later this month see im can use a alternative api than sdl_mixer, which glbasic uses. Howover its a minor issue and only happens one or two times (and no progress is lost under app restart). Sorry for the bug.

Oh, I see! Yeah, I ran straight past that. Thanks for the heads up!
    Play like Starfighter (currently featuring 150 great OUYA titles, 40 of which are completely free)
    73 OUYA games beaten (and counting)
    32 free to watch documentaries (and counting)

No worries about the bug, pretty minor one at that. I didn't try restarting the app. I will give it another go tonight.

Seems a really cool Boulderdash clone... I'll try it
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

There is some boulderdash elements (mostly the expandable wall which is shown in the later levels).

Howover the main gameplay was inspirated by a old game, named XOR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOR_%28video_game%29), of course with a lots of own elements.

Today im have just resubmit the game with a new screenshot which show, where the "The Premium Key" can been brought.