Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

OUYA Forum Contest! Win a BDG Customs Acrylic OUYA Case & More!

Thanks to the good folks at BDG Customs, we are able to give away the following prizes:

PRIZES

GRAND PRIZE - Ouya Case With Engraving (3 Sides) Clear Ouya Case made out of 1/4" Acrylic, designed to use the original Ouya top and screws

FIRST PRIZE - Gameboy Decal for the OUYA

Here is how this contest works.

Contest will run from Today (August 30th, 2013) - Tuesday, September 10, 2013. In order to enter this contest, this is what you have to do.

1) Tweet about this contest on Twitter by tweeting the following message:
    #OUYAContest - I've Entered to win a Custom Acrylic OUYA Case from @BDGcustoms! Check out the contest now at: http://bit.ly/174ibnS

2) Respond to this thread, answering the following questions:
    a) What is your favorite thing about the OUYA?
    b) What would you like to see OUYA improve?
    c) What is your favorite game on OUYA?
    d) How many hours a week do you play OUYA?

That's it. That's all you have to do to enter. I will then select two winners at random, based on a random number generator, and BDG Customs will ship the case/decal to you directly!

Goodluck!

Thanks to OUYAForum.com user Manaurys for setting this up.
    Be sure to check out BDG Customs at: http://www.bdgcustoms.com/store.html
    Last edited by Killswitch; 08-30-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Corrected the date
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

My favorite thing is absolutely the possibilities it represent.

If I got to choose one thing I'd say the bluetooth signal coming from the controller. I have lost count of how many times I've been closing in on my personal high score in different games only to lose connection and see my character/ship just float right in to an enemy.

I find it hard to even make a top ten without regretting the ones I left out, so to just name one favorite is really impossible. With this said I think Ittle Dew is one of my favorites that I can see other people love just as much. At first glance it seems a bit Zelda-esque but it is so much more than that. It has absolutely beautiful graphics, fresh puzzles and a very charming and hilarious sense of humor. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much with a game.

A pretty fair estimate would be... around 2-3 hours a day = 10-15 a week. Let's say 12,5 then.

I could tweet about this, but it won't do any good because I only have 1 follower and my mom isn't interested

But I ll answer the questions nonetheless
    a) The ability to program your own games for it, I don't think there is a other console where you can create your own games without the need of a 100 000$ license.
    b) Being able to categorize the games I downloaded and the ones in the Discovery section
    c) My favorite game is BombSquad, it is a very good party game with great and funny physics. Also the second one I bought.
    d) Because I take my Ouya to friends most of the time and packing and unpacking is a bit of a hassle, not as much as I want to. So all in all about 10 hours a week.
    This day is grim, it is raining. What wonderful weather for Gaming!
    Sun's blazing, so let's stay in. It's wonderful weather for Gaming!

I'm VERY in

1) What I love about my OUYA is the size and portability, I can take it anywhere I want, to any friend and the only requirement is an HDMI-enabled screen/TV.
    2) Almost everyone on the forum probably knows my opinion. OUYA can fix the console itself in 3 steps: 1) Storage solution 2) UI improvement 3) Social features. All other things are important as well, but those are the crucial. If you build it, they will come.
    3) My favorite game on OUYA currently has to be Bombsquad.
    4) I try to sink half an hour every day at the very least, but it varies wildly, I'd guess anywhere between 4-12 hours.

My Tweet: https://twitter.com/murkameow88/stat...55631933399042

Good luck everybody and ... HAVE FUN! D=

a) What is your favorite thing about the OUYA? Portability. By Far. I'm a touring independent musician and I LOVE that I can throw that bad boy in my backpack and travel with it.
    b) What would you like to see OUYA improve? I know that one of the biggest complaints is the wifi connection. Ultimately that would be ideal. To try to figure out some way to boost the connection.
    c) What is your favorite game on OUYA? Thus far, still Puddle. I don't know why. Always had a soft spot for that style of game.
    d) How many hours a week do you play OUYA? 8-ish
    i played video games in a drunken haze
    i was seventeen years young
    hurt my knuckles punching the machines
    the taste of scotch rich on my tongue
    -The Mountain Goats

The ability to play games made by people like me!

The GUI. It's hard to truly find what I'm looking to play at its current state. Also, it looks way too bland.

Knightmare Tower.

About 10.

I love the Try Before You Buy concept of the Discover store. I miss getting demo discs for my Playstation in the mail every so often and getting interested in games, and this is reminiscent of that.

I do wish OUYA would allow the users to root their devices. They said it would be in the kickstarter video it would come pre-rooted and it did not. I'm fine with it not coming rooted, so the average Joe doesnt break their system, but it would be a nice option to have.

Single Player- Ittle Dew. Just finished the main story and I absolutely loved it.
    Multi Player- Tower Fall. On game nights, we can play that for hours on end.

I try to play about half an hour a day, but that doesn't always happen. I'd say somewhere between 2-8 hours a week, depending on if I have friends over to play a night of TowerFall and Hidden In Plain Sight.

Tweeted.

Developing games for it.
    The controllers.
    I have 2 favorites : Ittle Dew & Bombsquad.
    +/-3 hours per week.

Android!
    The controllers.
    RetroArch

The freedom to side-load apps that may not be available in the Discover store.
    Better quality games, external storage.
    Towerfall
    10-12