Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gridlock - Ludometrics

Gridlock is an arena-based shooter that sees you take control of four gun turrets. In the middle of the grid, a variety of abstract yet lethal geometric shapes emerge which will destroy your turrets. Unless, of course, you can shoot the shapes first. Game over comes when/if all your turrets are destroyed.

Gridlock harkens back to a time when games were about beating your own high-score and also about shooting abstract shapes. Nothing more, nothing less. Supports Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 controllers!

The game's payment model is that you can play continuously for 60 seconds (although you can start as many games as you like). If you're on a particularly good scoring run, the game will let you buy and continue.

More info can be found at the website: http://ludo.me/gridlock/

The game will be released this Thursday (August 29) - hopefully at least a few of you will enjoy it!

-David
    Ludometrics

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ludometrics View Post
    Gridlock harkens back to a time when games were about beating your own high-score and also about shooting abstract shapes. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The K.I.S.S. principle eh? I can dig it! I also enjoy that the enemies whine at you when you kill them, "Ow!" "What did I do to you?!". Hilarious!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    The K.I.S.S. principle eh? I can dig it! I also enjoy that the enemies whine at you when you kill them, "Ow!" "What did I do to you?!". Hilarious!
    Glad you like! And yeah, definitely a case of K.I.S.S. - just make the game I want to play. Not to say we won't add to it in the future, of course

Since it's already Thursday the 29th in New Zealand, Gridlock is now available on the store! Have fun!

just bought this, having a lot of fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenut86 View Post
    just bought this, having a lot of fun with it
    Glad to hear it, and thank you!

-David

Played the demo and essentially like the game, but it does seem to run a little slow? Would be nice to have some settings to perhaps remove some of the detail to speed the game up.

Quote Originally Posted by rgcd View Post
    Played the demo and essentially like the game, but it does seem to run a little slow? Would be nice to have some settings to perhaps remove some of the detail to speed the game up.
    Hmm, we haven't seen that at all here. Can you send more info on where the problem is happening and the effect you're seeing? We'll investigate a bit and see if we turn up anything in the meantime that might be causing it. (Email if you prefer.)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ludometrics View Post
    Hmm, we haven't seen that at all here. Can you send more info on where the problem is happening and the effect you're seeing? We'll investigate a bit and see if we turn up anything in the meantime that might be causing it. (Email if you prefer.)

Thanks!
    I was actually referring to the fact that the gameplay itself seemed slow. Bullets are very sluggish, and it just seems to me that the game would be more enjoyable if it was a little more frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by rgcd View Post
    I was actually referring to the fact that the gameplay itself seemed slow. Bullets are very sluggish, and it just seems to me that the game would be more enjoyable if it was a little more frantic.
    Ah, gotcha. We did play around with the speeds quite a bit, although thinking about it now that was all before we introduced the multiplier aspect (which drains as you fire bullets) so it's probably affected by that. We'll play with it again - thanks!