Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

XBMC on Ouya - OUYA, Inc.

This thread is for the discussion of XBMC on Ouya. (note to developer - send me a private message if you would like to edit this thread)

Here are some pointers from the guy that ported XBMC to OUYA:
    https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ll=1#post63583
    https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ll=1#post63588
    XBMC on Ouya is Ouya's version of the award-wining, free and open-source software media player.
    It is equivalent to the 12.2 official version, with added accelerated video decoding.
    Note: To provide a vanilla XBMC experience, the app hasn't been altered to compensate for overscan. This can be adjusted in-app as shown on the screenshots.

---

Looks like OUYA did the porting of this.

Edit By RiotingSpectre...
    WARNING!
    This thread is getting out of hand with all the consecutive posting by various people. If you are going to double post after this warning then you will be infracted. Do not respond to this message, or question a moderator's actions as more infractions will be handed out.

Only a Developer who is notifying that there is an update for their game/application may double post and that's only if they're saying that the game/application of theirs is updated which may, or may not include what's changed in the revision.

Last edited by RiotingSpectre; 08-25-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Finally an official (sort-of) version.

Note: To provide a vanilla XBMC experience, the app hasn't been altered to compensate for overscan. This can be adjusted in-app as shown on the screenshots.
    That's good. Most of my apps/games have this issue. It's really annoying.

I would legitimately give a testicle or two (of three) for an app that adjusted over-scan. This XMBC thing looks great, too. I'm going to try it with some stuff Tonight!

judging by the pic looks like the controller mapping hasnt improved

Awesome

Cool, just out of curiosity if you install this does it keep all the settings and plugins? Using the Frodo version.

Still crashes like mad for me..

According to "Martijin" from Team-XBMC:

Let me clarify that. This is NOT an official XBMC app.
    It is custom made for them by Koying but should not be considered as an official release.
    OUYA Username = Thrice_G
    Order & Choas Character = Inviticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Goad View Post
    Cool, just out of curiosity if you install this does it keep all the settings and plugins? Using the Frodo version.
    I don't know, but I think we're better off sticking with the test builds until official OUYA xbmc, and with those your settings always remain the same. I don't think this port will be updated as frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Can someone tell me if the fan is on most of the time with this port? Especially when playing hd video e.g. x264 mkvs. And also I'd be happy if you could install the slideshow screensaver and choose some pictures and see how the fan behaves. 100% hardware acceleration is possible on the OUYA cause it works when playing hd video in mx player, the fan is off all the time. But something in the XBMC builds makes the fan spin, despite hd video playing great now thanks to libstagefright. I guess something in the ui itself uses too much cpu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 08-21-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Banned

Is this on the store? Lol

Second of all, since when was XBMC open source? Lol