Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: Did you like the infamous OUYA Video Ad?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I liked it

27 23.28%
  • No, it was horrible

63 54.31%
  • It was OK

23 19.83%
  • I'm indifferent

3 2.59%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

New OUYA Video ad - Pulled from YouTube - Did You Like it?

UPDATE 8/21 @615PM EDT: Statement from Genny (Community Manager of OUYA concerning the "Ad")
    Hi Everyone, a statement on the video: This is not our official ad. We are experimenting with animated content and posted this video briefly to get feedback from our community. Stay tuned for our official video.

UPDATE: It looks like the ad has been pulled from the OUYA YouTube Account. Here is the ad posted by another Youtube account:

It's kinda "meh"

lol Medal of Duty xD

Edit:

I like how he ended it. "OUYA". The video was okay. Wasn't spectacular but wasn't bad either.

I seriously want the head of marketing position...

That was............................................... ...........
    OUYAForum Rules | OUYAForum Contests | OUYA Game Sales
    Killswitch Interviews | IamKillswitch.com | PorkpiePlatypus.com
    Astra Etherium: Adventures of a Space Bounty Hunter in Space

LOL, a little grotesque but not all that bad. Certainly gets your attention, and drives home a good selling point for OUYA (affordable and free-to-try games).

Overall I give it a B-

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    LOL, a little grotesque but not all that bad. Certainly gets your attention, and drives home a good selling point for OUYA (affordable and free-to-try games).

Overall I give it a B-

Ed
    lol @ a little grotesque

It does a good job attacking AAA competitors and stereo typing hardcore gamers, but doesn't really make me want to buy or use an OUYA to be honest.

Reminds me of something you would see between an episode of Beevis & Butt-head

It really reminds me of the old SEGA ads. I like the attitude, but perhaps only out of nostalgia.

1 members found this post helpful.
    The problem is, the OUYA has a ton of not so good games.. (yeah, trying to say this is in the nicest way possible)
    And since the OUYA never will or should have quality control like xbox arcade, PSN or Steam, there will always be a ton of games like that..

The OUYA should stop stressing the part about awesome games, because the point is everyone can make and publish games.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    It really reminds me of the old SEGA ads. I like the attitude, but perhaps only out of nostalgia.
    That's what I always liked about the OUYA's personality. It's got guts.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by seiseki View Post
    The problem is, the OUYA has a ton of not so good games.. (yeah, trying to say this is in the nicest way possible)
    And since the OUYA never will or should have quality control like xbox arcade, PSN or Steam, there will always be a ton of games like that..

The OUYA should stop stressing the part about awesome games, because the point is everyone can make and publish games.
    I fully agree! They should focus only on the "we"-feeling and the including world they are building rather than hyping people that just will end up disappointed*.

* = chances are you will if you buy an Ouya believing it beats the PS3/360 library.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Balloon View Post
    That's what I always liked about the OUYA's personality. It's got guts.
    Yeah, but it's kinda strange to start calling large name brands with extremely polished products crap, while your sitting on a huge load of very unpolished, bad games..
    CoD is not very innovative and very repetitive confined in it's design, but I wouldn't call it crap even if I do prefer the innovation and freshness that indie games can bring.

But a guy who's main appeal is big publisher games won't be impressed by indie games no matter how innovative.
    They should focus on the Niche appeal, a casual gamers won't want to spend time sorting through the OUYA store to find something they'll enjoy.