Close
Advertise Here

Euchre - Lonewolf Studios

Euchre is a card game enjoyed by many. Now, you can play it on the Ouya when you don't have anyone else to play with! You will always have three AI opponents to choose from. The game features options such as different decks of cards and three levels of AI.

There is currently no multiplayer, but with enough purchases, that will be something that might definitely be added, especially if a matchmaking service can be found.

In the trial, the game will not save your statistics or your options, and you are limited to 20 minutes of playtime every 24 hours.

For purchase, the game uses a pay what you want model with choices from .99 to 4.99 with an option to donate more after purchase.

Enjoy and I am open to recommendations for improvement.

Bear in mind I haven't tried this yet, but I love euchre so I probably will...

1) I will not buy it if it has a nag to donate more after I already have. I'd say just ask for a fair price and leave it at that - pay what you want is fine too though... I just don't want to see a donate button on a piece of software I've already purchased.
    2) You said you'd like to add multiplayer, that's cool, could you add local multiplayer, then you wouldn't need matchmaking services?

Thanks for the game!

Thanks for your interest Nooskewl.

1) There is not a "nag" as the term is traditionally used. After purchase, the Purchase menu option is replaced with a donate menu option. The game never mentions it to you. It is there primarily so that players who choose to pay the smallest amount and later decide they did not pay enough can choose to increase it if they would like. There is no requirement to do so, and I will never ask you to beyond having the menu choice there. (It has to be available somewhere to allow it.)
    2) Local multiplayer would be an option, but the issue with that would be keeping others from seeing your cards. It would be somewhat unfair to the AIs if you and your partner could see each other's cards. However, that should be a player option, and if a lot of people want that as a feature, I can certainly add it. If you meant two OUYAs on a local network, then yes, that is absolutely doable without a matchmaking service and is something I will consider.
    Last edited by LonewolfStudios; 08-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Is there any sort of tutorial? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the rules of the game and won't be on to play for a while.

There are instructions provided in the menu, but they are rather lengthy... Euchre can be a complex game for people to pick up. It's easy once you get used to its uniqueness, though. The weirdest part is that sometimes jacks are the highest card and others it's the usual ace. In the trump suit only the jack of that suit is the highest, followed by the other jack of the same color, then A, K, Q, 10, 9. (There are no cards below 9). So, if diamonds are trump, the order is JD, JH, AD, KD, QD, 10D, 9D. You will notice that the JH is now a diamond, not a heart. Other than this and how trump is chosen, it is quite similar to spades if you have played that.

Ha good point about local multiplayer, I wasn't thinking.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I love playing euchre! It would be great if an online multiplayer solution could be found.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram