Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hellworm - Evgiz

Hey there OUYA folks, I just released Hellworm on the OUYA store! (5th of august, 13)

Heres the OUYA description:
    Become the king of the desert! Control the gigantic Hellworm and destroy as much as you can. Fight off an ever increasing wave of enemies while avoiding explosions and bullets to stay alive.

Based off the award winning Death Worm by JTR, Hellworm provides hours of epic fun and challenging gameplay through 3 different gamemodes.
    Any feedback apprechiated!

Last edited by Evgiz; 08-28-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    I made the OUYA exclusive games Cube and Creature and Hellworm!
    evgiz.net

Nice job man! Smooth controls and visuals and surprisingly nice music. Great take on Death Worm thanks!

PS heads up I quit by doubletapping Ouya button at one point and the music continued in background. When I relaunched hellworm it appearead all smooshed and unplayable. I simply started another app then restarted hellworm successfully.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 01-15-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Great game. My wife was even playing it and laughing her ass off when she pushed a tank in to a helicopter.

My one suggestion would be more control options. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I was struggling. What is odd on that is I tried out the apk file you posted in the upcoming games thread a couple days back and did not have the control issues. Like up is up, down is down, etc. vs. the "rotation" scheme implemented. Although I'm sure the controls are half the fun.

I also think it would be cool if when you jump a certain height in the air, the camera zooms in to create a dramatic effect or when you score a large amount of points it zooms in or even slo-mo's on that area. I am not a developer in the slightest, so this ask is completely beyond my comprehensive of how difficult that would be. Just seems like the perfect game for it.

GREAT JOB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagreen View Post
    PS heads up I quit by doubletapping Ouya button at one point and the music continued in background. When I relaunched hellworm it appearead all smooshed and unplayable. I simply started another app then restarted hellworm successfully.
    Do you have "Don't Keep Activities" unchecked in Advanced->Developer Options? That would be the usual cause of that sort of thing. To the developer: to avoid what Joshua is saying here you should either exit the game in onStop or implement proper pause/resume behavior. The latter is a little more difficult and on OUYA it is not expected of the developer (especially games) so I would just exit the game.

i just created an account to come to tell you 2 things.

1. your game is awesome
    2. i want 4 player multiplayer!!

I bought the sideloaded version, will I get full use if I download the Ouya store one?

Tried to buy it when it had the 'one time only' sale screen, but it couldn't connect to the purchase servers ... Still bought it at $1.99. Good game!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagreen View Post
    This issue was in the test-apk I believe, but I thought I fixed it in the release version. I might have overlooked something tho, Ill look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post
    My one suggestion would be more control options. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I was struggling. What is odd on that is I tried out the apk file you posted in the upcoming games thread a couple days back and did not have the control issues. Like up is up, down is down, etc. vs. the "rotation" scheme implemented. Although I'm sure the controls are half the fun.
    I might look into another control scheme. Hold left to turn clockwise, hold right to turn counter clockwise for example. Controls were the same in the test-apk!

Quote Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post
    I also think it would be cool if when you jump a certain height in the air, the camera zooms in to create a dramatic effect or when you score a large amount of points it zooms in or even slo-mo's on that area. I am not a developer in the slightest, so this ask is completely beyond my comprehensive of how difficult that would be. Just seems like the perfect game for it.
    GREAT JOB!!!
    Thats an interesting thought! I dont think too hard to implement either, I'll look into it. No promises tho!

Quote Originally Posted by willpowered View Post
    i just created an account to come to tell you 2 things.
    1. your game is awesome
    2. i want 4 player multiplayer!!
    Thanks! Multiplayer might come in the future, but Im not sure how I would do it. Co-op/Versus? Splitscreen or the same screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake53 View Post
    I bought the sideloaded version, will I get full use if I download the Ouya store one?
    Ofcourse. Just download the game from the store and it will appear as purchased right away (youll need internet the first time tho).

Quote Originally Posted by Rj Koerte View Post
    Tried to buy it when it had the 'one time only' sale screen, but it couldn't connect to the purchase servers ... Still bought it at $1.99. Good game!
    Thats too bad, thanks for buying it anyway!
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, and the unknown mod that added screenshots for me. <3
    I made the OUYA exclusive games Cube and Creature and Hellworm!
    evgiz.net

Hi Evgiz,

The game is cool and playable as I known having tried the beta.
    The contrls are very reactive on my X360 pad and the game is ultra-smooth!

Obviously I bought it.

I want only to copy-paste my post wrote in the "Upcoming" topic, because is full of ideas that could transform this little fun game in something fantastic

[....]I had some ideas:

When player (worm) dies, you could make the death -game over- more spectacular.
    Maybe the worm could explode in a rain of blood, or you could make an animated scene of the death with the worm going in bloody pieces.
    The nature of the worm makes me think this will not be an hard work for you.

THEN,
    Other ideas:

Alternative game modes.

*Multiplayer modes:
    -Two worms can fight one against another. In the surface, worms can take power-ups, and avoid mines.
    -Soccer (calcio) mode. two players 1Vs1. The worms must push a big rock doing a goal into the goalposts.

*Single player "Good Side" Mode
    -you move people, and must shoot worm. Worm movement is "Artificial Intelligence based". Could be good to move more people together, in a "Cannon Fodder Like" control system.

Those game modes are pretty complex, I hope my ideas are good for this game...or maybe for its SEQUEL
    ...maybe something seems useful to you!
    Good luck with your game
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

eeewwe, I'm a big fan of the tremors movies, even the really cheezy later entries, so this something I'll definably be giving a shot!