Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BoomYA! - BOSSDOG GAMES

Hey guys

Our next game, BoomYA! has just been released, exclusively on OUYA!

Local multiplayer for up to four players, using Ouya, 360 or PS3 controllers!

The game has 5 daily credits for free, or you can unlock it for unlimited play for just $1.99 the first time you launch the game or $2.99 from then on.

Thanks!

BOSSDOG GAMES

Awesome! Congratulations. Looks like a Bomberman type of game. Gon' check diss out later.

I downloaded it to try it out. Too bad I have no IRL friends since it needs at least 2 players. Was hoping for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSDOG GAMES View Post
    Our latest game, BoomYA! has just gone live on the Ouya store:

https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...o-four-players!
    Will you be adding a single player campaign? I wont be able to play this because I dont have a second controller, or anyone who'd even play it with me haha.

Hello.

I have downloaded and tried the game, and i have a few constructive criticisms...

1) as mentioned, and i'm sure you know, AI for this game will GREATLY increase it's play-ability. That was my favorite feature of bomberman, the ability to have computer players. A 1v1 game is kinda boring. a 1v1v1v1 game is much more interesting. (later bomberman games even had a 5th player)

2) bomb chains. In my limited trials, a bomb exploding would not ignite another bomb early. This ruins the game for me. bomb chains help speed up the game, so a bomb you didn't see might ignite the trail that you lay and kill you. or someone else. Others probably feel the same way.

If you fix the bomb chains, and add AI, i will gladly purchase this game for the higher level of $2.99. Until then i'll have to pass, it just didn't feel right.

Love that you're tackling the bomberman clone. i hope to see it improve to be a staple on the Ouya. Your other game (forget the name off the top of my head) is very fun.

Banned

This is so much funzo!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    This is so much funzo!
    Awesomeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by zachg View Post
    Hello.

I have downloaded and tried the game, and i have a few constructive criticisms...

1) as mentioned, and i'm sure you know, AI for this game will GREATLY increase it's play-ability. That was my favorite feature of bomberman, the ability to have computer players. A 1v1 game is kinda boring. a 1v1v1v1 game is much more interesting. (later bomberman games even had a 5th player)

2) bomb chains. In my limited trials, a bomb exploding would not ignite another bomb early. This ruins the game for me. bomb chains help speed up the game, so a bomb you didn't see might ignite the trail that you lay and kill you. or someone else. Others probably feel the same way.

If you fix the bomb chains, and add AI, i will gladly purchase this game for the higher level of $2.99. Until then i'll have to pass, it just didn't feel right.

Love that you're tackling the bomberman clone. i hope to see it improve to be a staple on the Ouya. Your other game (forget the name off the top of my head) is very fun.
    Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you've also played and enjoyed our other game, Cosmic Conquest!

1) A.I - this is a BIG job and we wanted to get the multiplayer aspect out initially, as this is where bomberman shines. A.I is something I would love to add and I've started looking into it.

2) I'll add bomb chains today!

Feedback like this is always appreciated, thanks!

So, bomb chains are now in and working! Have to say, they make it a lot more fun!

Just finishing off a new game mode and we'll be sumitting the first content update by end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSDOG GAMES View Post
    So, bomb chains are now in and working! Have to say, they make it a lot more fun!

Just finishing off a new game mode and we'll be sumitting the first content update by end of the week.
    Awesome!
    Definitely give this a try on my upcoming 4-player-Ouya-couch-gaming-mayhem
    Gamer. Geek. Minimalist.