Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Super Killer Hornet Resurrection - Dev diary

Official thread is here.

Well, work on Super Killer Hornet Resurrection has been going on for a few months now so I thought it was time to share some stuff with the world.
    As the OUYA community has been awesome to me since I put out Pester and SKH1, I thought this was the best place to start a dev diary.
    So far I've managed to get most of the engine finished, the music sorted, and the art work complete (Thanks to Dylan the the new Flump artist).
    Now it's mainly level development and enemy design.
    Any way here's what I've come up with for level 1.
    Sorry about the awful frame rate. My video capture has issues recording 60FPS.

Please thrown your feedback this way and what you think of the footage so far.
    Also let me know if there was anything from Pester or SKH1 that you particular liked or hated so I can look at making sure it stays or goes.

It's great to see you doing a dev diary for the next SKH, I love reading through dev diaries. Loving the explosion of mist you get when you destroy an enemy, was that effect done on photoshop or something similar?

The video is brilliant, is that the actual soundtrack?
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    It's great to see you doing a dev diary for the next SKH, I love reading through dev diaries. Loving the explosion of mist you get when you destroy an enemy, was that effect done on photoshop or something similar?

The video is brilliant, is that the actual soundtrack?
    The explosions are particle effects, still not sure if I'm keeping them in yet, might end up going for a more traditional explosion in the end. Particle effects may take up too much processor power for when i want the screen to be really busy.

Yeah, that's one of the songs on the soundtrack, I've been really lucky getting a great band to do some of the soundtrack. Also got a retro soundtrack as well encase people want to keep it old school

Any chance you do a beta?
    gunhed - ouya profile
    YsWanderer - XBL profile

Still loving Pester and SKH, so cant wait for this

YES! YES YES YES! This looks like a true step-up from the two other games, I'm looking forward to this like crazy. It seems to have the entertaining game mechanics intact but with a more manageable enemy flow... I'm also interested to be a beta tester if needed, I have a pretty laid back schedule so I would be able to help out pretty constantly.

Anyway, the backgrounds! They're not really doing it for me, aren't they a bit too bland? I know bullets and enemies do risk to blend in to the background if it pops out too much, but as it is right now it just feels like no one really cared about them. And I'm sure that's not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    YES! YES YES YES!
    Anyway, the backgrounds! They're not really doing it for me, aren't they a bit too bland? I know bullets and enemies do risk to blend in to the background if it pops out too much, but as it is right now it just feels like no one really cared about them. And I'm sure that's not the case?
    Hmm, I do think the video is making them look more bland than they are, there's a nice sandstorm effect that kinda gets lost in the low res vid.
    But point taken I'll see if there's a way I can liven them up a little.

To be honest the first level background may be the least interesting so may need to mix it up.

EDIT: Damn!! You're right, working on making them more interesting now!!! Thanks for you feedback man.
    Last edited by FlumpStudios; 08-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Oh, as for the Beta, I'm thinking about doing a paid beta version on the OUYA $0.99 for the beta and then probably $2.99 on release.
    Not sure what people would think if this though.

Been a while since I updated, been a bit distracted by the Super Killer Hornet 1 PC conversion.
    Anyway , made quite a bit of head way on Resurrection.
    Here's how level 2 is shaping up.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome as usual.

Love the buzz saw! This version looks far better then the other one, hope I get on better with this one.
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list