Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hipster Zombies! - Sharkbomb Studios

Hi there,

so as mentioned over here we've been working on the Hipster Zombies OUYA release. It's now finished and the game is finally live! You can find it in the store and download it. Here's a quick trailer:

As you can see, the game's basically a simple shooter, where you have to move up and down, firing at the aproaching enemies. It's your job to defend your neighborhood from the incoming horde of hipster zombies. To do so you make use of the power of irony, firing the crap that these hipsters desire most back at them. This means you have access to a set of trash-weapons and as you dispatch the zombies they drop ammo and coins. The latter can be used to upgrade your arsenal, unlocking new guns and improving the ones you already have.

The game was developed using Unity, Sharkbomb Studios. We are a two-dude indie team from Germany. The first two levels are free, the full game is available for $1,99. That unlocks all further levels and grants you more Coins per zombie, making it easier for you to upgrade and unlock weapons. We hope you like the game and if you do, a thumbs up is much appreciated!

Visit Sharkbomb Studios at Facebook or Google+
    Last edited by Democritus; 08-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.

This is great. Can't wait to give it a try
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I bought it yesterday. Great Time Killer. Love how you earn new levels and get new upgrades.

Glad you like it guys!

Re: Hipster Zombies! - Sharkbomb Studios

I've purchased and am enjoying it as well. Already thumbed up too. I usually play at least a few rounds each day.

Bought it! Gets a lil repetitive inbetween new levels/weapons but a pretty darn fun concept anyway.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

It's murdering-with-a-record time!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Hehe. Yes it is.

Also we seem to fare quite well on the Ouya Store. We've climbed the O-Rank quickly, though the way it's calculated still eludes us. Anyone got some ideas on how it's put together and what effects it has?

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    Also we seem to fare quite well on the Ouya Store. We've climbed the O-Rank quickly, though the way it's calculated still eludes us. Anyone got some ideas on how it's put together and what effects it has?
    From what I've read and been told it is based on the amount of thumbs-up votes, amount of downloads and amount of time played. There are some other nebulous factors which I, a mere mortal, are not privy to.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    We've climbed the O-Rank quickly, though the way it's calculated still eludes us. Anyone got some ideas on how it's put together and what effects it has?
    I'll contact an OUYA-Official so I can get a answer to this question for you. A few members around here are also curious.