Close
Advertise Here

Bandit Skies - TD Programming

Hey guys,

I just released this game in the week on the Ouya store. It's a bullet-hell style top-down shooter that's tied into a mini-RPG - you gather loot in the action stages to help the townspeople.

I made this game because I love bullet hell shooters but I find them impossible and am not motivated by getting high scores. I wanted to make one where the levels had objectives other than scores, and there was a context to things by way of a story, even if the story is a bit disjointed and throwaway as in this game. The action stages themselves are also easier than in your average shooter.

Also, it has some great dance tunes!

It's free to play one of the three areas in the game and $2.99 to unlock the rest. Please consider buying the game if you'd like me to do another one! In any case I hope you find it entertaining.

Any feedback, good and bad, most welcome. Please try and avoid flame-style all-out attacks if you don't like it. We developers are delicate people.

Here's a couple of screen shots:

Enjoy!

Tim

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Nice! I'll be checking this out.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I gave it a thumbs up last night after playing it. Haven't bought it yet, but I like this genre and I like the added objectives of gathering up materials for trading. It has great potential. Is this the final version or will there be future updates?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbac View Post
    I gave it a thumbs up last night after playing it. Haven't bought it yet, but I like this genre and I like the added objectives of gathering up materials for trading. It has great potential. Is this the final version or will there be future updates?
    Definitely there will be updates to make this slicker.

I'd like to have a bigger world with more quests and a whole bunch of other stuff too, that depends on how much time I can devote to the project in the near future.

Chiming in just to also support this one. I played about four or so missions last night and was getting hooked on it.
    I loved the gameplay and I think the idea of having objectives and rpg elements is genius.

My only grips is the quest and menu system. I was finding it just a tad hard to navigate and know for sure what was going on. I wasn't sure what quest I was actually doing unless at that point it was just collecting and going back to the NPC. Either way, small gripe.

Really impressive game to me. No slow down and crazy, bullet hell awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by TDProgramming View Post
    Definitely there will be updates to make this slicker.

I'd like to have a bigger world with more quests and a whole bunch of other stuff too, that depends on how much time I can devote to the project in the near future.
    Awesome news.

Hi guys

Just popping in to say you can follow updates for 'Bandit Skies' and info on it's releases on other platforms on our Facebook and Twitter.

We're appreciative of any feedback we receive, we're so glad you are enjoying the game so far. We don't just talk about our game on our social networks btw, we also share games Bandit players may also enjoy and have some fun general banter too.

Thanks again everyone!
    Bandit Skies Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BanditSkiesGame?ref=profile

Bandit Skies Twitter: https://twitter.com/banditskies

Tons of potential here, I like what I see so far!