Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Heavy Recoil - Wide Pixel Games

Saw Heavy Recoil in the Sandbox today. Checking it out. I can't aim up or down. Think that's by design though. Think the demo should be a bit longer. Probably going to kick down the 99 cent's though just to support the publishers effort.

I have told Mikael Tillander (The dev) to come register here to showcase the game. So hopefully he should do that shortly.

Can't really complain about the demo length. It showcases the old-skool brutal difficulty of such shooters and is enough to wet the appetite. Plus for .99c, you can't go wrong. Especially when I consider this game better than Gunslugs.

Anyway, whilst we wait for a more official thread. This is the text within the OUYA store:

Heavy Recoil - Convoy Chaser takes the run 'n' gun genre back to the coin-op golden age of the 1980's, when you hadn't really beaten a game unless you'd done it on a single credit.

Lead your auto-cannon wielding robot deep behind enemy lines and smash tanks, gunships and fearsome bosses with your awesome arsenal of deadly weaponry! Rescue prisoners of war and blast everything in your path like a REAL hero!

* No Nonsense! No Continues!
    * Horizontal Firing Only!
    * Abilities and Upgrades!
    * Secondary Weapons!
    * Good/Bad Endings!

Hi there!

Story behind the game coming to Ouya is here: http://www.rgcd.co.uk/2013/07/heavy-...available.html

And yes, two way firing only IS intentional. It's like a 23rd century homage to the coin-op classic Rush 'n' Attack/Green Beret.

Official game blurb follows:

Heavy Recoil - Convoy Chaser takes the run 'n' gun genre back to the coin-op golden age of the 1980's, when you hadn't really beaten a game unless you'd done it on a single credit.

Lead your auto-cannon wielding robot deep behind enemy lines and smash tanks, gunships and fearsome bosses with your awesome arsenal of deadly weaponry! Rescue prisoners of war and blast everything in your path like a REAL hero!

* No Nonsense! No Continues!
    * Horizontal Firing Only!
    * Abilities and Upgrades!
    * Secondary Weapons!
    * Good/Bad Endings!

www.widepixelgames.com

^^ And there we go. This is actually one of several games the developer is working on for OUYA... so if you like this one, keep an eye out for more retro inspired goodness in the future

Thanks Saracen - just noticed you beat me to the blurb post by a few seconds

And yes, if this one does well, Mikael is toying with the idea of releasing future games exclusively on Ouya (or at least initially exclusively).

awesome! welcome to the ouya devs. Game look awesome and cant go wrong for a $1... im in

This brings back great memories of Contra!

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgcd View Post
    Thanks Saracen - just noticed you beat me to the blurb post by a few seconds

And yes, if this one does well, Mikael is toying with the idea of releasing future games exclusively on Ouya (or at least initially exclusively).
    I'm glad to see people having such rich taste in video game genres these days. All we get is Call of Duty and God of War and it's not short of stale. Bringing back both a awesome genre and untamed "fun" back into the gamers' experience is worth a medal in my opinion. I will get this game from the store as soon as I can, but for right now I'm busy with things and that makes me extremely depressed when this is just so close to being in my possession. Argh!

Looks amazing and only just over a week and i can try it! I can see me buying this already
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Tried it. Loved it. Bought it.

Now let's all try to beat each other's high scores. I think I am currently 3rd and 4th on the leaderboard.