Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

[ROM][STOCK] -=StockPlus=- Root, Busybox, Deodexed [1.0.519r2][ON HOLD]

-=OUYA StockPlus=-

-=Note=-
    Due to the nature of Ouya being easily brickable do not hold me responsible for anything that may happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info

Hello,

So this is the first time in rom development and figured I'd give the OUYA a go! So here is my first try at something.

Whats done?

• Based on 1.0.519 OTA
    • Kernel compiled from 1.0.519 source with linaro.
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Superuser/Busybox preinstalled
    • Cifsmanager preinstalled
    • CIFS support
    • Init.d support
    • XThemeEngine support for user themes
    • Updater patched

Whats still left to do?

• Change boot animation to match current theme *placeholder*
    • Fix a few remaining areas of the theme
    • Completely remove updater *fixed*
    • Work out a better way for CIFS support ( it has been quite random for me... ) *fixed*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Install

Follow the install instructions for CWM from here
    Push the rom to /sdcard/ ( use adb push, copy it over via usb, etc.... DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER )
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Install the rom
    Reboot!

Post-Install

1. Go to MAKE -> Software -> Superuser, it'll prompt you to install. Accept.
    2. Go to Xposed Installer ( same place as Superuser ) and click Install/Update, afterward go to Modules section and make sure to check "Play Store Mode For Ouya [1.0]" and "XThemeEngine [beta5]". Go back and reboot.
    3. After reboot you should be able to setup Play Store and everything else should be setup and good to go!

Changelog

|=========|
    |-10.10.2013-|----- 1.0.519r2
    |=========|
    -Fixed OOBE updater

|=========|
    |-09.26.2013-|----- 1.0.519
    |=========|

-Rebase to 1.0.519
    -Kernel updated to 519 and compiled with linaro 4.7
    -Includes invisibleks sysrq patch to allow better access to fastboot incase something does go wrong.
    -Completely fixed the updater issue which now resolves issues with factory resets and login issues. Yes you can now use the factory reset option in CWM and have no issues.
    -Updated Xposed installer from 2.1.4 -> 2.2 final
    -Separated the theme from the ROM... It'll be a seperate download from now on.

|=========|
    |-08.15.2013-|----- 1.0.439
    |=========|

-Just a quick rebase from 409 -> 439.

|=========|
    |-08.11.2013-|----- 1.0.409
    |=========|

-Added a patch to allow this fix. Which so far does seem to help out with streaming content ( I will want others to test and give input if at all possible... Thanks Hal9k+1! ).
    -Made the theme less reliant on modifications to apk's ( If you want to make a theme please look at the StockPlusTheme.apk as a reference guide and if you wish to build up from it. )
    -Replaced bootanimation with temp placeholder for now ( you can also replace it with any bootanimation you want... just copy the one you want to replace it with to /system/media )
    -Dummied boot video from launcher since it seemed a little bit redundant ( boot animation -> boot video -> actual menu..... yea just a little )

|=========|
    |-07.31.2013-|----- 1.0.393 RC1
    |=========|

-Added XThemeEngine support for user themes. ( check the link out to get an idea about how to make your own themes... also look at my theme to get a start. )
    -Changed back to ADB USB for my minds sake.

|=========|
    |-07.18.2013-|----- 1.0.365 RC1
    |=========|

-Auto-Updater blocked!
    -Init.d Support
    -Out-of-Box Wireless ADB

|=========|
    |-07.10.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC3
    |=========|

-Added Play Store fix ( Thanks to Xposed creator and WonderEkin for making the module so we all can have playstore! )
    -Modified the theme to be a bit more eye pleasing

|=========|
    |-07.02.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.2
    |=========|

-script fail causing odex files to remain... fixed
    -added temp solution to updater

|=========|
    |-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.1
    |=========|

-quick patch to fix CIFS issues.

|=========|
    |-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2
    |=========|

-initial release!

Download

Download here:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

MD5 : 852ac5265916574b773f29dfe151d6d3

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Mirror:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Credits

• rovo89 for Xposed framework
    • ruqqq for XThemeEngine
    • WonderEkin for PlayStore fix
    • invisiblek for hosting the files needed to fix the issues and his sysrq patch.
    • ...and anyone who I missed ( including the many in #ouya who's helped :good: )

Finally do not hold me responsible for damaging, bricking, your cat getting electrocuted and anything else.

If you enjoy this rom and feel mighty gifty then buy me my next drink!
    Last edited by IncognitoMan; 08-16-2013 at 02:53 AM.

-=FAQ=-

How do I mount my shares? ( or how to not get error messages or empty folders )
    You'll need to set the option "unc=\\\\put.ip.address.here\\name,noperm" without quotation marks.

Google Play Services randomly FC's while not open.
    OUYA doesn't like apps running in the background so it kills them to reduce issues with games you may be playing.

I keep getting "This module does not provide a user interface" error.

Using the touchpad on the OUYA, hover over the checkbox and tap it to "check" the module.

My OUYA doesn't show up under adb devices using USB
    This is because wireless adb is setup. Find out the IP address of the OUYA and use the following command

Code:
    adb connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    The OUYA will then show up under adb devices.
    Last edited by IncognitoMan; 07-21-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Can't wait to give it a shoot!

Great work!

Great - got this working after a couple of tries. The CIFS support is excellent - I now have XMBC (SF intermediate build) working properly!

I really like that theme.

Re: [ROM][STOCK] -=StockPlus=- Root, Busybox, Deodexed [1.0.365-RC1][7/18/2013]

Great can't wait for this to get better and better :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    P. S will you try to implement something like the v6 script for faster performance
    Last edited by Manaurys; 07-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Can this be flashed without su and busy box installed? I'm having issues pushing them to my ouya but I have cwm so i was thinking of this as an easy way to get full root access on my ouya as well as getting any improvements from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaurys View Post
    Great can't wait for this to get better and better :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    P. S will you try to implement something like the v6 script for faster performance
    Answered on XDA

Quote Originally Posted by Failrunner View Post
    Can this be flashed without su and busy box installed? I'm having issues pushing them to my ouya but I have cwm so i was thinking of this as an easy way to get full root access on my ouya as well as getting any improvements from it.
    As long as CWM is installed you should be fine. And as always do a backup of your current setup before flashing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also just as a note the main thread is posted on XDA, so if you have a question check there and see if it has been answered.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2347214

Figured I'd post here too since i came here first during the whole shipping fiasco.
    Last edited by IncognitoMan; 07-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Re: [ROM][STOCK] -=StockPlus=- Root, Busybox, Deodexed [1.0.365-RC1][7/18/2013]

Thank your the best

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoMan View Post
    Answered on XDA

As long as CWM is installed you should be fine. And as always do a backup of your current setup before flashing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also just as a note the main thread is posted on XDA, so if you have a question check there and see if it has been answered.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2347214

Figured I'd post here too since i came here first during the whole shipping fiasco.
    Sweet! Now I can't wait to get home! O.O

Just wondering for those of us who do gameplay vids is it possible to ad the option to remove hdcp in the dev options? That would be sweet if possible. Thanks either way though this rom looks sweet!

Yay I bricked it! I'm an ass. I guess i'll have to get another one. =( Maybe i should have read directions and not assumed I knew what I was doing based on other devices. -_-
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 01-29-2014 at 03:46 AM.