Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

official PPSSPP coming to OUYA!

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet but i was just on the PPSSPP website and about their next update they've put this:

July 11, 2013: PPSSPP Gold for Windows and plans for 0.9

For those of you who wanted to donate but did not have an Android device, you can now buy PPSSPP for Windows here: Buy Gold. This also marks the launch of PPSSPP Central where we will later add a compatibility database, screenshot uploads and more in the future - right now all you can do is download the Gold version though.

As for 0.9 plans, you can look forward to a new UI with great gamepad support throughout, and an official Ouya version.

So there we have it folks, PPSSPP is officially coming to the OUYA!

Is that a PSP emulator and would it work with the PSP games I have bought on PSN?

it is a psp emulator yeah, I have the android version sideloaded and it works for some, some are a bit laggy but hopefully it'll get better in the future

Question is... will it even work? Nintendo DS emulator barely works (if at all). Just being positive yo.
    OUYA FORUM List of Working Controllers (Please Contribute!) - https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3673-LIST-Controllers-That-Work-With-OUYA

OUYA: Astrom

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
    Question is... will it even work? Nintendo DS emulator barely works (if at all). Just being positive yo.
    Sideloaded this yesterday, and didn't seem to have native controller support so I'm thrilled to see an official port coming. That said...

The Android version is definitely a WIP. The list of working ROMS is incredibly short (though growing all the time) and a troubling thing I've found is that there seems to be a higher proportion of infected ROM files for the PSP than any other system I've seen so far.

OUYA Devotee
    Is it possible to dump PSP UMD that we already own or play ones that we bought from PSN?

some games are working fine, street fighter alpha 3 has worked perfectly for me. just trying out pro evo 11 now and even though its quite laggy at parts it seems like it'll be playable. And yeah gamesboro i'm sure i got the iso for BBS from my original UMD when i tried it on PC, although this was a year or so ago so cant remember the specifics, try google

Quote Originally Posted by Gamesboro View Post
    Is it possible to dump PSP UMD that we already own or play ones that we bought from PSN?
    clearly, this would be ideal (and in the true spirit of emulation)

OUYA Devotee
    Thanks Ian, I'll look into it.

Yeah, they had announced this a while back, but needed to work on stabilizing it for android first, this is pretty awesome though!

I sideloaded it about 2 weeks ago and it works...pretty good, I can only imagine it's gotten better since then. It's not perfect but it works good, a lot better than the DS emulator!

To answer one person's question, you cannot use your PSN downloaded games for this, only rips from the UMD or other, less legal, means.