Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unstable Blocks - Elusive Byte

Warning! This game can be highly addictive.

Unstable Blocks has been released on OUYA to some great reviews.

"Had my vote in the game of the month" michaelrp67

"People are thinking it's some Tetris clone. Man are they missing out" majesticflame

The premise of Unstable Blocks is simple, stack the blocks to the correct height, but there is a sting in the tail. All the blocks have real physics applied.
    This adds the dimension that if you dont stack the blocks correctly or if you stack them too fast your tower will topple and its game over.

The best way to describe the enjoyment of this game is by describing the faces and bodies of the players, they all look something like this.
    - Start- Relaxed, leaning back, neutral facial expression
    - After a few blocks - Leaning forward, looks of concentration
    - A few levels in - Hunched over, staring a screen, intense concentration, tongue popping out of corner of mouth
    - As tower starts to fall - Extremely ridged body, shouting now commences, pleading and begging facial expressions, many find religion asking gods and deities for divine intervention.
    - Game Over - Deflated body posture, head hung low, more shouting. But eagerly wanting to try "just one more time"

With 6 increasingly difficult levels with bonus multipliers, leader boards, achievements and multiplayer there is plenty to do in this game to keep you playing for hours.

So grab your OUYA and get your name on a leader board.

Enjoy a simple demo video of the game.

I appreciate any feedback you have about this game and any suggestions you may like to see added in the future.

Thanks,
    Kenny Campbell
    Elusive Byte
    http://www.elusivebyte.com
    Last edited by Mabit; 07-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Cant even get past from 1st screen. It needs trackpad and when I press click here, opens text field into bottom of the screen, and no way to type into it. If I press ok on that field, it bust closes it and I am back in 1st screen with click here, use trackpad.

You should design the game so there's no need to use track pad. Its very annoying to use, and in this game totally broken.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Banned

The game is really hard to get started, but once you get in its quite fun.

Tetris with a twist.

Thanks for feedback, when user tested they seemed ok with it once they were shown there was a trackpad on the controller. One to add to the list for the next update.

Re: Unstable Blocks - Elusive Byte

Just purchased, multiplayer should be fun.

A couple of suggestions, make A the back button instead of U as it is the standard way to do it.

I recommend removing the purchase option from the menu after the game had be bought.

I also agree with removing the touchpad requirement. I am sure there will eventually be a game that really will require it but I haven't seen one yet. Also I'd make sure you support 360 & PS3 controllers.

On the how to play screen you might want to make the font bigger or choose a font that's easier to read. Edit: This applies to the high score screen too. The numbers can be a little difficult to read.

Being able to flip through the different high score categories using the dpad or analog stick rather then having to wait for it to cycle through would be nice.

Those are my suggestions after just a short time playing.
    Last edited by MajesticFlame; 07-16-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Majestic,

Thanks for the feedback. The game should support 360 controllers, I dont have a ps3 controller to test with only an Ouya and 360. The suggestions made are all simple fixes except the not using the trackpad. I eventually left it in as I was really struggling with a way to pull up the text entry box on button press in Unity.
    I plan to rectify those issues over the next few days and upload so look out for the update

I do hope you enjoy the game, it was a lot of fun to make and cant wait to make more for Ouya.

I am enjoying it and I like that you have the online high scores. Look forward to seeing your future projects as well.

I have another small request. Any chance you could make the saturation on the blue blocks a little less? I have my TV calibrated and the blue still looks so saturated it can make it a little hard to tell its positioning relative to the blocks below as it is falling. Also it was nice to see some more names on the high scores tonight. I was starting to think I was the only one playing.

How do I start the game??? I have tried clicking with a double tap on the trackpad and tried everywhere onscreen (including the click here text)
    but cannot get a text box to appear???? I love this type of game normally and really want to try it