Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OUYA Username Reservation Q&A Thread

Here are a few questions and answers that have been going around the net concerning the OUYA Username Reservations. If you have any to add, feel free to reply with your question, answer, or both.

Q: I am an OUYA backer but I have not yet received an email. What should I do?
    A: The OUYA servers had to send out over 60,000 emails, so there could be some delays. Also be sure to login to your Kickstarter account, click on "Me" at the upper right and side of the page, and then click on "Settings". When the page loads, click on the "Account" tab. You will see the email address on your Kickstarter account. This is where your username reservation email will be sent.

Q: If I add 2 controllers to my order will they be the standard or the same as the special edition? (I'm getting the special edition)
    A: They'll match your console.

Q: In the registration section, it asks three questions that don't pertain to me. One is for International backers only, the other is if I want to add more controllers, and the third is if I have ot add funds to my order. If I don't fill these out, it won't let me submit the form. What do I do?
    A: Simply put "N/A" or "No" or something along those lines in these fields.

Q: When will I know if I got the username I chose?
    A: OUYA will be taking username reservations until October 12, 2012. After that date they will begin assigning usernames to users.

Q: What do I do if I move before the Ouya ships? There's a chance my address will be different by then.
    A: You'll be able to update your address through ouya.tv soon. They will announce it so you know.

Q: If someone picks the same OUYA username as I do and they were a backer before me, what happens?
    A: OUYA will contact you to change it.

Q: If I already paid for a second controller, do I need to note that somewhere?
    A: No, OUYA has it on record.

Q: If I backed OUYA for $225 and am supposed to receive an etched controller, what happens if I order additional controllers through the survey?
    A: They will be etched as well (up to 4 total).

Q: For the initial kickstarter I paid $129 for the $99 reward (adding $30 for an extra controller). Will I get it, or did I give away money and still need to pay another $30 for an extra controller?
    A: They already have it on record that you ordered an extra controller, so there is no need to pay again.

Q: "Your username is not case sensitive" - Does that mean that if I choose "w3ru" it might end up being displayed "W3ru"?
    A: No, it just means that nobody else will have the variations on case.

Here is a question - I paid for 2 usernames. One for my profile, and one for the wife. Can we do that? I left notes to that effect when I filled out the form yesterday.

Did you do it with 1 kickstarter account?

Quote Originally Posted by armyman View Post
    Did you do it with 1 kickstarter account?
    Yes - I just added $10 to my $99 pledge amount (and noted that in the notes on the pledge). I also commented on it when I filled out the recent reservation form as well. If there is anything else I could do to arrange this, as the wife wants her own profile, I would gladly do it.

The wife doesn't have a kickstarter account. When stuff like that comes up she likes, she just has me do it.

In the reward survey, the OUYA team stipulate the following:

"We have a few guidelines for usernames. You get 16 characters -- three minimum. Use alphanumeric characters only. Your username is not case sensitive. Please, NO SPACES, punctuation, offensive terms, profanity or anything that may imply internal association with OUYA. Underscores and hyphens are OKAY. Lastly, please make your first character a letter. Thanks."

What I want to know is how to interpret "Your username is not case sensitive". Does that mean that even if you choose "MrDaisy" your username will be "mrdaisy" (or perhaps "MRDAISY") OR does it just mean that if you pick "MrDaisy" your username will indeed be "MrDaisy" but no other user can pick the same username using only small/big letters?
    Last edited by pallepaf; 09-30-2012 at 03:15 PM.

doubleposted, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by pallepaf View Post
    What I want to know is how to interpret "Your username is not case sensitive".
    Well, notice in the interface how everything outside of the game boxes are all capital letters - that's probably what they are talking about.

Just added:

Q: For the initial kickstarter I paid $129 for the $99 reward (adding $30 for an extra controller). Will I get it, or did I give away money and still need to pay another $30 for an extra controller?
    A: They already have it on record that you ordered an extra controller, so there is no need to pay again.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    Just added:

Ok cool, because I paid for the special edition ouya + 2nd controller

Added:
    Q: "Your username is not case sensitive" - Does that mean that if I choose "w3ru" it might end up being displayed "W3ru"?
    A: No, it just means that nobody else will have the variations on case.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn