Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

Question What are the most important things you want to see fixed/added in the current OUYA?

This thread is now obsolete. If you would like to have your suggestions heard then please post in our OUYA Suggestions and Ideas forum section.

Locked.

1) Cluttered, clumsy, inefficient UI, this really should be the first and most important thing to fix. As a side-note, adding actual social functionality like chat channels and friend list should be a priority as well IMO, but only after the UI itself is fixed.
    2) Boot recovery mode. True, not all of us require root, but there are plenty of other reasons to want a hard reset and recovery of some kind. I've already read that some people had some kind of trouble with their OUYA, it crashed and began to bootloop and they couldn't reset it...That's what recovery mode is for. Without recovery mode due to bad luck one minute you could be a proud OUYA owner, the other you could be an owner of a 99$ brick.
    3) Fix the USB stick/Hard Drive support, I've seen people puzzled by the almost random way the OUYA reacts to external storage, and cannot pinpoint to a logical reason.
    Even some HDs from the same manufacturer: some work, and some didn't. I've understood that this is a software, not hardware problem, and can be fixed.
    I don't want to spend time online just researching what HD works just so I can buy one specifically for my OUYA when I already have storage that I'm worried will not work.

What else?

Edit: Current tally:

details here
    Last edited by Murka; 07-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Well for me OUYA already doing a good job. 1. I would like to see the ability to store games on a Flash drive/HDD. 2. An online system would be good right about now.

Banned

3 members found this post helpful.
    I would like to see some more apps in the Ouya store. So many simple things like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora are missing when they shouldn't be. More solid HDD support like DArkdisorder said. ALso I would love to see a friend's list implemented.

mainly the controller, mine desyncs mid game all the time and it can be infuriating.

2 members found this post helpful.
    I'm pretty happy with the UI, I find it pretty easy to navigate and with the built in search I can find a specific game very quickly. I'd like to be able to easily add side loaded Apps to my main Play Menu, and maybe have it automatically split games and apps into separate rows for me. I like the OUYA color scheme, but it might be fun to be able to add custom wallpapers in the future, perhaps game devs could add wallpapers we could use?

I'm not sure I agree with the word "fixed" in the title of this post, it's very subjective. I see myself as an early adopter and the OUYA as an evolving product with a lot of growth potential.
    Backer #51218 Order #5120

It is better to have gamed and lost, than to never game at all!

Wi-Fi and External HDD Support..... those are my two biggies. Other than that, it's kinda small potatoes.
    OUYA FORUM List of Working Controllers (Please Contribute!) - https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3673-LIST-Controllers-That-Work-With-OUYA

OUYA: Astrom

I suppose the controller lag is first for me. It's not as bad as it was made out to be in early reviews (early revision system/controllers may have been far worse), but the controllers still don't appear to be stellar in terms of lag. I don't necessarily care if it's a new controller hardware revision that's required--I just want to know that the problems are all behind it, so I can feel safe buying a second ouya controller.

After that I suppose the simple addition of a list that displays what I've purchased, and maybe a simple download queue list that I can go to.

USB game install after those, I suppose.

And down at the bottom of my list, some form of friend/communication system. We reserved these fancy user names, but what are they really good for as it stands now?

For the 'credit where it's due' list, thanks for the game update function and the new store look with download/queued bars and properly zooming images.
    Last edited by Reaperman; 07-09-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Banned

download queue also needed.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Additionally: (this isn't gamebreaking, but would be nice to have)

They could improve the UI and Games by allowing there to be a small section of the window where they tell you A) How much it costs to purchase the game, should you do so, or any other $$ type things associated with it and B) Whether it has Co-op, Multiplayer, Online Multiplayer or if it's purely Solo... also if they C) support other controller types specifically (like playstation dualshocks or 360 controllers).

But that's just a good way to make decisions while browsing the Ouya store UI.
    OUYA FORUM List of Working Controllers (Please Contribute!) - https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?3673-LIST-Controllers-That-Work-With-OUYA

OUYA: Astrom

The controller. The controller's design is horrible, and if they made other kinds of controllers that are completely compatible with the system then that would be a great thing to happen.

The external hard drive compatibility. As of now, my external hard drive works fine on the OUYA. But if I'm trying to play ROMs on my emulators from the external hard drive (NES.EMU, MD.EMU, Snes9x, etc), they have a terrible audio to video lag and it's because of it being loaded from an external hard drive. If they could do a firmware update to fix this, then that would be an immensely good thing. Also if they could allow more kinds of external HDDs to the fold to be used on the OUYA, then that would be great too.

More kinds of controllers. If OUYA dev could allow more types of bluetooth controllers to work on the system, then that could very open up more ways to play games on the system. For instance I bought a Nyko Play Pad Pro for Android in the hopes it would work pretty well on the system. It worked up to a point; it could access menus and apps just fine (XBMC and such) as well as play emulators fine, but it can't play OUYA games and if the bluetooth light goes out on the controller, it will automatically back you out of whatever software you're currently running and push you back to the previous menu. It gets annoying seeing controllers you hope would work and love suddenly just lose their luster afterward for not working completely. Also if new controllers can be added, it'd be good if they can be mapped to have the same button mappings as the original OUYA controller to avoid any sort of incompatibility issues through the options.

More responsive UI. As of now, the menus could be a lot better. There's a hint of audio lag whenever I move around in the menus, but maybe that's just me. If the menus could also be customized (like someone mentioned having backgrounds and such), then that would be really really cool. That'd also add the incentive to make the console more yours, since it can be "hacked" as the OUYA team said.

A better OUYA team. Let's face it. The OUYA team blows. They never give honest answers to questions and were keeping us all in the dark on when our units were being shipped to us. I also heard they weren't shipping to Australia or something too, and that made me mad at OUYA for those people. They deserve their units just as much as the rest of us did. You suck OUYA team. Get new management.