Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bacteria™ Arcade Edition - SinisterSoft

Just been submitted for approval on Ouya:

Bacteria™ Arcade Edition from SinisterSoft is now available for the Ouya video game system. Bacteria™ was created and programmed by Anthony Ball, a veteran games creator from the late 80’s/early 90’s. It is Anthony’s first game in over twenty years.

“Conversion to Ouya was particularly easy because I used a cross-platform development system called Gideros – because of this there was virtually no code changes to the game.” says Anthony.

Warning: This is a strangely addictive game retro classic-style arcade game!

It has freaky style classical music - be prepared to have its tune fixed inside your head.

The game starts off slowly, but by wave 4 the game is frantic, lots of chaotic action that keeps you on your toes.

Inspired by multiple classic arcade games, the basic idea is to stop multiple waves of enemy bacteria from snatching your last few remaining cells that are located in the center of the screen. However, there are also some bacteria who are intent on destroying you - so you must destroy them first. If you succeed in lasting 60 seconds then you will be rewarded with a further cell to protect on the next wave, and so on...

Four player simultaneous action: Bacteria™ Arcade Edition also features multi-player simultaneous gameplay in which up to four players cooperate to save the cells and defeat the invading bacteria.

The game has a $2.99 IAP for unlimited plays – until then it’s one game per day unless you pay!

Press (pre)release: http://sinistersoft.com/downloads/Ba...ya_2013_07.zip

Any screenshots?
    Creators of Super Renegade Response, Rush Hour Mayhem and Colour Combat

I've bought so many games I can't list them on my sig now lol.

Click for list

Yes, screen shots would be nice. However, I do believe I have seen the game Bacteria before, just can't remember exactly what it is . . .

T2KFreeker - yes it's based on some classic 8-bit style games - a cross between Asteroids and Defender. It resembles Bacterion (http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an2.../bacterion.jpg).

There are screenshots in the linked zip file. Here they are:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azxp253p38o9dw4/a8r9V7m1O5
    Last edited by Anthony Ball; 07-08-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: couldn't show images!

Looks great!

Game was just released to the OUYA Store!
    Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

It looks a bit like an updated version of the classic vectrex game ripoff - will be trying this as soon as my wife and daughter finish watching tv

This is a shockingly addictive experience. Great creepy retro '80s voice effects, which you can hear here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jennings View Post
    It looks a bit like an updated version of the classic vectrex game ripoff - will be trying this as soon as my wife and daughter finish watching tv
    Thank you. I played it last night and thought ...this totally reminds me of that old Vectrex / Arcade vector game.... now what was it called...?. Anyway, this is a fun shooter. The controls are spot on, as is the frame rate, unlike a number of the release titls.

Thanks. All good feedback.

A few downloads, but not a single like and no purchases yet - I mean none (apart from someone I know) !!!

I'll do an update soon with more baddie types, etc.

Anything anyone want me to put in it?
    Last edited by Anthony Ball; 07-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.