Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flixster - Flixster Inc

This thread is for the discussion of Flixster. (note to developer - send me a private message if you would like to edit this thread)

Movies by Flixster. The top app for movie reviews, trailers, Rotten Tomatoes ratings, and accessing your UltraViolet digital movie collection.

WOOHOO! This is amazing news for me! I was hoping for VUDU, but this'll do just fine.

My experience starting up: Installed the app, went in and signing in NOT via Facebook was simple. Singing in via Facebook was somewhat of a chore and would be much more so if I didn't have a bluetooth KB.

After getting through all of that, about 5 minutes, it loaded quickly and I was able to instantly load any movie in my collection. I choose Hobbit (since it's one of the newest on my list). The movie popped up within seconds (over wifi) and started streaming. At first it didn't look good, made me briefly wonder if it was streaming in HD or not, but that was soon dismissed.

The movie looks amazing, although it's in letterbox. Every now and then, I see slight screen tearing but I think it's the same when I stream movies on my Xbox on VUDU or to my phone.

The sound is great.

I have had 0 buffering or slowdown issues at all after 15 minutes.

In all honesty, it looks better than when I use VUDU on my 360, I've never been impressed with the quality that outputted.

Edit:

Controls while watching the movie could use a bit of work, but basically this is what i've found:

Left Analog(LEFT)/D-pad(LEFT): Skips BACK ~7 minutes BUT does not always work, oddly.
    Left Analog(RIGHT)/D-pad(RIGHT): Skips FORWARD ~7 minutes BUT does not always work, oddly.
    L3/R3/O: Pause/Play when the display is up; nothing when the display is not up
    A: When display is up, closes display; When display is not up, turns off movie and goes back to the main app.

U/Y/L1/L2/R1/R2/Left Analog(UP)/D-Pad(UP)/Left Analog(Down)/D-Pad(Down): Bring up the display.
    OUYA Button: Does nothing, although it makes the sound of opening a menu
    RIGHT Analog: Does nothing.
    Last edited by Jeremy Reilloc; 06-28-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Wow, can't wait to try it myself...

Z.

Very happy to see this one released here too. I'd love to see a Vudu app released soon too (though have heard no rumors of any pending release of same, just hoping that there will be one). The video quality didn't see quite as "HD" as I would hope on the Flixster app, but I'm glad that I have the option available now. Most appreciated!

I'll still say that it is indeed HD. It looks way better than my movies do on the VUDU app on 360! I was a bit surprised on how GOOD Hobbit looked, truthfully.

Watched the Dark Kinght last night, looked fantastic.

Maybe its me but my episodes of the Big Bang Theory was not listed..

Z.

I don't know, I loaded up the new Hansel & Gretel, didn't even make it past the MTV title screen and froze up. Me and my wife both commented that the colors were a mess, too much yellow to them, or something, very washed out. Exited the app and tried again, movie started to loop at the MGM Lion title screen and the audio kept going. I hung my head in dismay thinking my wife would quickly disapprove of the $100 purchase, went upstairs and grabbed the BD. Oh well, will try again if it gets updated.

Quote Originally Posted by token2k6 View Post
    I don't know, I loaded up the new Hansel & Gretel, didn't even make it past the MTV title screen and froze up. Me and my wife both commented that the colors were a mess, too much yellow to them, or something, very washed out. Exited the app and tried again, movie started to loop at the MGM Lion title screen and the audio kept going. I hung my head in dismay thinking my wife would quickly disapprove of the $100 purchase, went upstairs and grabbed the BD. Oh well, will try again if it gets updated.
    Try hard resetting the OUYA and try again. I watched the full HObbit movie with less problems than I generally have using my 360.

Has anyone run into the problem when they try to play a movie in the OUYA Flixster that the sound plays fine, but the display just shows a big red "X"? Everything else with the OUYA seems to work fine, but when I play a movie in Flixster that is all I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlaw View Post
    Has anyone run into the problem when they try to play a movie in the OUYA Flixster that the sound plays fine, but the display just shows a big red "X"? Everything else with the OUYA seems to work fine, but when I play a movie in Flixster that is all I see.
    can't say that I have, and unfortunately a google search didn't produce anyone who has. Have you tried hardbooting the OUYA? Uninstalling/reinstalling the app? tried different movies?