Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Plex Media Streamer - Plex Inc.

Hey guys, yesterday Plex Media Streamer became available for Ouya. You can find it in the App section.
    Amazon Instand Video and Hulu didn't work for me, but maybe the servers aren't working right now. I'll post here when I get them working. However, YouTube does work and streams up to 1080p over Wifi.
    I made a video on how to set up channels and specifically - YouTube

streams locally beautifully, and doesn't require plex pass, despite what i saw elsewhere. i can't get the netflix plug in to load any videos though, just get a black screen.

Ender, that's weird cause I get picture but no sound. The software says "Audio Unknown" so I think they still need to work on that. Also the picture is not so great.

Hey!

Just wanted to drop by to say hello from the Plex team! We're super excited to finally bring our latest updates of the Android client to Ouya. We've been working hard over the last few months on the complete rewrite of the application, so it's great when it becomes available to even more users (for free!). Let me know if anyone has any questions about the current application. We've got quite a nice long list of improvements that we're working through, so hopefully it wont be too long until you start seeing some updates!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jojopetv View Post
    Ender, that's weird cause I get picture but no sound. The software says "Audio Unknown" so I think they still need to work on that. Also the picture is not so great.
    The Netflix channel relies on a component of Plex Media Server that we refer to as being a "WebKit Channel". This basically means that the server needs to render the streaming video on an offscreen WebKit canvas before capturing it, transcoding it and streaming it to the server. The majority of issues that face users when dealing with WebKit channels is a mis-configuration of the server, for example, do you have the correct version of Silverlight installed, etc. We've got a forum which gives a bit of a troubleshooting guide which you can find here. Hopefully that helps you diagnose what's going wrong!

Ian

I loaded the Plex app two nights ago and it is great! I'm a huge supporter of Plex and was pleasantly surprised at how fast the app runs on the Ouya. I have a couple of unsupported channels that require flash and are working as well. Thanks for the development and amazing app!

Re: Plex Media Streamer - Plex Inc.

Do i need to have my computer on when im using plex in this way on the ouya?

Yes, your computer acts as a media server.

Well I tried everything suggested and even tried with IE, Firefox on top of my normal Chrome. Updated all plugins and cleared cookies and still the same issue. So, I'm thinking the issue isn't with my PC. #maybeitsjustabug
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 02-05-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Re: Plex Media Streamer - Plex Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jojopetv View Post
    Yes, your computer acts as a media server.
    Sorry but for me it make no sense if you already have your computer on you should just watch it on it in this method your using two devices to do something that one already can in my case my pc monitor is a 32 inch led tv so i wouldn't do this i thought it was just an app to add those videos features to the ouya

Well say your computer is in your office, yah? Well you could stream all the stuff that's on your computer to your OUYA in your Living Room on your 60" tv. That's really what media servers like this are for.