Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bombball - E McNeill

Bombball just went live about an hour ago, and it's already Featured!

Bombball is an abstract sports game designed for ultra-intense 2-player local multiplayer, though there's also an AI for those who don't have a buddy nearby. It's spectator-friendly too!

This was a winner in the 10-day OUYA-sponsored CREATE game jam from a while back. It took a while to get the new art style ready. I think it was worth the wait.

Game site

Some screenshots:
    BombballSS1.jpg
    BombballSS2.jpg
    BombballSS3.jpg

And a sample video of the game in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWbCpZlqd8

Cool, much more refined thinking about the old prototype
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

great game , good luck ^_^

Really fun and deep. Played this for about an hour learning the game. Near the end there got some advanced stuff going like setting up mines to make shots for me while i explode the crap out of the other guy. Takes some getting used to for that turning around to shoot but fun and the music is very surfer music inspired. Can't wait till my friend comes over so I can try two player.

Wow, awesome to hear, XanXic!

For those who are wondering, the basic version of the game allows you 10 rounds of multiplayer and 1 of 3 levels of AI. Unlocking those features costs $5.

I just fixed a bug in the score recording feature (everytime you win it tells you "you set a new record!") and I'm working on a feature to let users who don't need the TV safe zone expand the game to use the whole screen. I should be submitting that later tonight.

EDIT: Changed the number of free AI levels.
    Last edited by EMcNeill; 06-28-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

This looks pretty addicting. Gonna have to try this out tomorrow if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcNeill View Post
    Wow, awesome to hear, XanXic!

For those who are wondering, the basic version of the game allows you 10 rounds of multiplayer and 2 of 3 levels of AI. Unlocking those features costs $5.

I just fixed a bug in the score recording feature (everytime you win it tells you "you set a new record!") and I'm working on a feature to let users who don't need the TV safe zone expand the game to use the whole screen. I should be submitting that later tonight.
    I'm picking up my Ouya this Tuesday, and this will be the first game I'm buying for it. Looks addictive.

Hey, one of my favorite game journalists likes it too! https://twitter.com/BenKuchera/statu...84447801131009

Great stuff. Really smart.

EMcNeil...

I've been looking forward to this game since the killscreen create jam. finally got my ouya yesterday and the game is great. I downloaded and tried a ton of games last night and yours was a blast to play even by myself as the AI is actually really good!