Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sky Arena - Hammer Labs

Hi everyone,

In time for the OUYA retail release we have released the current working demo of our game Sky Arena. You can find it in the OUYA Sandbox right now and also download a Windows version from our website (www.skyarenagame.com)

We are planning to create a online free to play version of this game. But for now you can try the local multiplayer demo. We would love to get some feedback on how the game plays and what you like/dislike about it.

We also have a short trailer for the game on YouTube:

Please help us get out of the Sandbox by liking our demo :-)
    Hope you'll enjoy it.

Oliver

I have been waiting for this game! Cant wait to play! (When I get my OUYA in the mail)
    Also, what is the price for the full game?

Absolutely love the aesthetic. It's gorgeous!

Hi, had a 20 minute play, firstly lovely graphics and lighting! Really smooth and solid frame rate, controls are spot on too with easy control over the craft. Next the music is amazing I love it! This wouldn't look out of place as a Xbox live arcade title!
    Finally, even though I was mucking around, I only had 1 controller, I have xbox and ps3 pads but I'm not sure how to get them working yet so I haven't played multiplayer but I can imagine it will fun based on the above.
    Any chance of single player mode, maybe tasks to complete, timed sections or something?

Thanks for your comments.

@AmigaJay: We want to include a singleplayer gamemode as soon as possible. Some kind of target practise/navigation challenge. So you are able to try the game on your own. Hopefully we manage to get that in next weekend. Regarding the controllers: That was my mistake. I forgot to include a DLL in the zip file ;-) I've updated the file on our webpage so if you redownload it the controllers should work automatically. I havn't tested it with a PS3 controller, but the XBox controller should work fine now. Sorry about that

@Pixel Protection Studios: The current plan is to develop an online mode which is going to be free to play. The model we are choosing is going to resemble the one you see in the game Tribes: Ascend. I think they pretty much nailed F2P. But we want to see if there is interest for this game first, since the online servers are expensive. So we have to test the waters first what people think :-) And since we are only working on this in our spare time, development is not as fast as we would hope. But yeah, at least we have a demo to show now Thats the first milestone complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Protection Studios View Post
    I have been waiting for this game! Cant wait to play!
    Me too!

I'm glad you like it We'll have a singleplayer target practice mode up this weekend so you can play even if you don't have a second controller. Will keep you guys posted

FANTASTIC!

I'm watching for it from the CREATE, can't wait for my OUYA coming!
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I'm glad you like it We'll have a singleplayer target practice mode up this weekend so you can play even if you don't have a second controller. Will keep you guys posted
    That's great news! Wanting to play more of this, this will give me a great reason now!

Love it, looks great, plays great. The HUD needs a rethink as it's not so useful, it isn't good at imparting information while I'm playing vanishing into my peripheral vision, and the U-turns feel a little sluggish to me.