Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

3 members found this post helpful.

Generations is coming to OUYA

For the last few years I have been working on a metroidvania style game for iOS, due to work outside of the home and a lot of other things the progress has been slow, I even had to restart the project twice but now, finally I have a solid base to work off and complete

You play as a girl called Nakiti far into the future, a space station around earth get's it's fair share of problems and you end up on an unknown planet.

The first version I plan to release is called The Trial, it's set about an hour in to the main game and features a chunk of the story and areas to adventure around, it will be completely free! with a paid option coming later once I finish the game and it's ready to sell.

Features include:
    -Full 60 FPS gameplay (currently on modern phones)
    -Original and retro style skills such as super jumps, speed ups, weapon enhancements and explosives to help you explore!
    -Original 9 track OST by Satsuma Audio (listen to some tracks on SoundCloud)
    -Artwork drawn by the lovely Judy Jong.
    -Hours of fun, hopefully!

I still need to test this game on an OUYA and tidy up the pad support before submitting, depending on how long it takes to appear on the store it should be up by July.

Future plans for the OUYA version are more effects and screen filling particles using any extra power not effecting the smooth frame rate, of course.

Re: Generations is coming to OUYA

I like the art style & I look forward to trying it out.

Looks interesting. Reminds me of the ol' PSX day's.

I'll be watching this game.

Kool Game, can't wait to see more.

Thanks all, it's been a long and slow process but I feel that it should be a fun experiance, it's been really hard to keep the game at 60 frames per second over it's development.

Looks great. Can't wait to try it out!

Hey looks really good! Keep at it! I know projects can go on and on but the rewards will be worth it when it's finished!

Both some bad and good news, the bad is that my current build for iOS and PC refuses to work on the ouya and I can't figure out why, even cutting a lot of stuff back it will just hang, i'll keep looking into it.

The good news however is that I have started an ouya/android only engine which so far is running well, it will look no different to the screens in the OP but also feature full pad support better then the iOS version, which was built completely around touch, the ouya version also runs at a better resolution!

I'll keep you all updated as I go.

Awesome =)

Looking very nice! Ouya needs some higher quality titles and this looks to be one of them. Will be following this.