Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GameStop Apparently is not Selling the OUYA in Stores

I just got off the phone with 3 separate GameStop stores throughout the US (Eastern US), and was informed by all of them that they won't be selling the OUYA console in stores. I was told that only pre-orders were shipped to stores, and could be picked up on the 25th by those who pre-ordered them. They all said that if I want to purchase one I will have to do so on GameStop.com, and they wouldn't be carrying it in stores.

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

WTF?! Well I paid off my pre order like 2 months ago... I will b giving my gamestop a call today and will relay the message. I'm also down here in Houston Texas so we'll see if there's any difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twitter~ @derty10
    YouTube~ .:derty's pro shop:.
    WiiU~ Ask for add

.:OUYA Games I Own:.

Zombie Driver HD
    Reagan Gorbachev
    Meganoid 2
    Back To Bed
    Pier Solar
    Fist Puncher
    Towerfall
    So Many Me
    Big Action Mega Fight!
    Duck Game
    Final Fantasy III
    Raiden Legacy
    Pocket RPG
    CLARC
    Groundskeeper 2
    Polarity
    Ice Rage
    Knightmare Tower
    Meltdown
    Heroes of Loot
    BombSquad
    Sine Mora
    Neon Shadow
    Pizza Boy
    FIST OF AWESOME
    MINIGORE2
    GunSlugs

Quote Originally Posted by derty View Post
    WTF?! Well I paid off my pre order like 2 months ago... I will b giving my gamestop a call today and will relay the message. I'm also down here in Houston Texas so we'll see if there's any difference
    If you pre-ordered it at your Gamestop, they will have it for you. It's just that it appears that they will not be selling units in store. I am trying to get confirmation from OUYA on this.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    I just got off the phone with 3 separate GameStop stores throughout the US (Eastern US), and was informed by all of them that they won't be selling the OUYA console in stores. I was told that only pre-orders were shipped to stores, and could be picked up on the 25th by those who pre-ordered them. They all said that if I want to purchase one I will have to do so on GameStop.com, and they wouldn't be carrying it in stores.

Ed
    Kinda makes sense. GameStop makes their biggest money off of games (particularly used games). With no physical media and few accessories, there's not much room for Game Stop to make profit on the Ouya. By only having pre-ordered ones in their stores, they don't need to reserve any shelf space for the Ouya. I am glad they were accommodating those that pre-ordered.

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

Maybe they mean they won't have any in stock on launch day (which wouldn't surprise me since OUYA seem to have been struggling to make enough) / only have enough stock for pre-order people?
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    Maybe they mean they won't have any in stock on launch day (which wouldn't surprise me since OUYA seem to have been struggling to make enough) / only have enough stock for pre-order people?
    That could be possible. From the sounds of things, they won't be carrying them at all in stores. However, I don't know how much faith I put in individual GameStop employees.
    Ed

So basically if you want an OUYA now, you'll have to pre-order it. If not then you have to buy it online. That sucks... Lucky for me I pre-ordered it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    That's also what I'm thinking.

Whereas the one time I've been in a GameStop recently, a commercial for the GameStick came up on the TV in just the few minutes I was there.

When I talked to a couple stores in May, the workers were under the impression they would be receiving units for retail. It should be noted GameStop already sells a bunch of tablets and other Android devices.
    Backer #1065. Developer Special.
    Ouya game postponed due working on a new tabletop role playing game, the LightWeightRPG.