Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fester Mudd - Prank Ltd / Replay Games

Hi Ouya gamers! We are happy to inform that Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 will be an Ouya launch title! Though it was originally created for touch screen and computers, we've worked hard for the past few months to make it work equally enjoyably on Ouya controller (use the analogue stick to walk, use D-pad buttons as hotkeys etc.)

If you are a fan of old school adventure games, you're going to love Fester Mudd!

Publisher: Replay Games (Remake of Leisure Suit Larry coming soon as well!)
    Developer: Prank Ltd

Set in Wild West, FESTER MUDD: CURSE OF THE GOLD is a three-part comic saga of exploration, reunion, and redemption...and a love letter to the classic adventure games of the 90s!

Roused from a life of sloth to reunite with his long-lost brother in search of unimaginable riches, reluctant hero Fester Mudd somehow manages to be intrepid but cowardly, ambitious yet lazy, dimwitted but brilliant.

In Episode 1, Fester hits the trail to join his brother, Bud, in the downtrodden town of Loamsmouth. But when Bud is found to have mysteriously vanished, Fester realizes that the journey will be far longer and more treacherous than he bargained for...and he must enlist the aid of an experienced gunslinger to help him make his way through Indian territory to track down both his missing brother and the gold that awaits them both!

But gunslingers don't come cheap...and Fester must find a way to convince him to join him on the perilous quest.

This Episode sees Fester exploring Loamsmouth and surrounding territories. Along the way, he'll meet and deal with an assortment of Old West roughnecks, flim-flammers, and other larger-than-life characters...and give adventure game fans a huge blast from the past!

★ Lush graphics and vivid sound effects that bring the Old West to life!
    ★ Classic adventuring interface allowing for sophisticated interactions!
    ★ Branching dialogues!
    ★ Dozens of classic inventory-style puzzles!
    ★ Overhead map for quick travel between regions!
    ★ An original soundtrack that perfectly evokes the era of Old West and Old School Adventure Games!
    ★ Cliffhanger ending that teases the next game in the series!
    ★ Countless jokes, gags, and tips-of-the-hat to the golden-age adventures of Sierra and LucasArts!

*Sierra Online is a Trademark of Activision Blizzard Entertainment and LucasArts is a Trademark of Disney Inc.
    Last edited by Prank Ltd; 06-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    --

Prank Ltd (developer)

www.prankentertainment.com

great! already bought the ios version.

I've been having a lot of fun with this one! The only thing I don't like is the using the touchpad as a "mouse." I'd MUCH prefer to have the right stick control it, as the touchpad is pretty touchy/jumpy.

How exactly do you start the game? Only one button seems to work and that exists the game. Am I missing something?
    Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    How exactly do you start the game? Only one button seems to work and that exists the game. Am I missing something?
    Ed
    i have this problem too...
    i have installed some 3rd Launcher (go launcher and nova same effect)...
    tried again boot the ouya with the Original Ouya Launcher, started the game, and all worked fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Riquelme View Post
    i have this problem too...
    i have installed some 3rd Launcher (go launcher and nova same effect)...
    tried again boot the ouya with the Original Ouya Launcher, started the game, and all worked fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    Ed
    Javier & Eddie: please try using D-pad (and not the analogue stick) to navigate the menus, and let us know if that doesn't work!
    --

Prank Ltd (developer)

www.prankentertainment.com

I also had this problem and I'm 99% certain the d-pad didn't work. TBH if the touchpad is the only way of controlling the pointer then there's no way I'll be playing this game for any length of time anyway - it's just a terrible touchpad. Shame as the game looks great.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I downloaded it as soon as I saw it but havn't had a chance to test it out yet. Will do when I get home.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I had the same problem where i couldn't seem to start the game. I figured out that if you press any of the buttons while the game is loading and displaying the intro movies etc, it will cause the main menu to lose all input.

Just don't touch anything until it loads and it should work

First post btw, yay me

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Update: I had no problem with the game starting or playing it. The controls take a moment to get used to, but other than that it works great so far!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram