Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3 members found this post helpful.

Shipping update from support (including preorders)

This is the message I got back from asking when my preorder would ship, thought I'd share:

Arsen Nazaryan (OUYA Support)
    May 28 09:38 (PDT)

Hi Jason,

We've been working around the clock to answer thousands of incoming emails, and appreciate your patience as we do so. Please read through the following updated info, and if your question or issue isn't resolved, reply and we will answer it ASAP.

- If you're a Kickstarter backer, your OUYA is on the way. You will be receiving your first shipping email soon (if you haven't already), followed by an email including your tracking number. Because it's shipping from overseas, please allow up to 7 days for the tracking number to bring back info.

- If you pre-ordered after the Kickstarter campaign (prior to Feb. 5), those orders will begin shipping in the next week. You will also be receiving your first shipping email, followed by an email including your tracking number. (Again, please allow up to 7 days for the tracking number to bring back info.)

- If you pre-ordered on or after Feb. 5, those orders will begin shipping after the pre-orders listed above (starting in June).

- If your shipment has already shipped and you need to change your address, please update your address with the USPS (within U.S.) or other postal service (outside U.S). If your package cannot be forwarded to you, please reply and let us know. We will find a way to get your OUYA to you.

- If you received a notice stating that your shipment has been "Returned to Shipper", this is likely a temporary status which will be corrected by the delivery service. Don't worry... you will receive your OUYA! Please keep tracking your package, and give it a few days to update to another status. At that time, if the status is something other than what it should be, please let us know.

- If you ordered more than one controller, you should receive it with your order (even if that doesn't seem to be the case on the shipping email). If you receive your package and it does not include the number of controllers you ordered, please let us know.
    Last edited by colonelcack; 05-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.

That was actually quite a helpful reply. Thanks for sharing this!
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Quote Originally Posted by colonelcack View Post
    - If you're a Kickstarter backer, your OUYA is on the way. You will be receiving your first shipping email soon (if you haven't already), followed by an email including your tracking number. Because it's shipping from overseas, please allow up to 7 days for the tracking number to bring back info.
    So basically, we should expect our pre-shipping email by Wednesday, then another week for the shipping email (which I think has been the trend) then two weeks for delivery... hopefully, all before retail launch, again.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyusc View Post
    So basically, we should expect our pre-shipping email by Wednesday, then another week for the shipping email (which I think has been the trend) then two weeks for delivery... hopefully, all before retail launch, again.
    yea two days before launch, yet with 200% more stress added lol
    Cranial Shift: Galaxies is now on Facebook. Mobile coming soon
    Upcoming Games: Duck Duck Boom(Mobile), Product 7(PS4 Hopefully), Hacker(Hololens Windows 10) (Names subject to change)

Quote Originally Posted by BronerGames View Post
    yea two days before launch, yet with 200% more stress added lol
    ...and if you are a developer, you have TWO DAYS ( ) to optimize your game on a real console XD
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

its an automated mail i recieved it too. have to say their customer service is piss poor

It really is. I've been trying for 7 days to update my address - and I'm fairly certain I had updated it on the ouya site back in Feb.
    Still, not one freaking reply.

They shouldn't complain about the thousends of mails they are receiving. One simple blog post with decent information would have saved them 98% of the trouble.

I got this same email, does any one know if early preorders are getting the backer unit, or the one going to retail stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kavanagh View Post
    its an automated mail i recieved it too. have to say their customer service is piss poor
    Nothing wrong with a canned response to a question they are constantly getting. Piss poor would be no response. I am an early backer, and I would really like to see my OUYA, but for christ sake!! the fact that they have ANYTHING to ship is pretty damn remarkable given the demand and time frame! When it gets here it gets here is where I am at with it. Just glad to have helped in a small way with such an interesting idea.