Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

AutoPilot - Jon Bonazza

AutoPilot is an app that let's you add an installed app (or game) to the OUYA boot sequence, so whenever you boot your device it will launch the requested app.

Also, you can revert the boot sequence to normal by pressing the Y button. Currently, only one app/game can be booted on the boot sequence at a time. I didn't feel it was necessary to boot more than one thing.

This actually sounds like an interesting app!

Will the app start loading whenever the Ouya has fully booted up, or will the game start playing before you actually get to the Ouya "home" screen?
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Whatever app/game you choose to add to the boot sequence (only one can be enabled at a time) will be booted before it gets to the home screen. Initially, I planned to have it start as soon as the homescreen comes up, but due to the fact that OUYA receives the BOOT_COMPLETED intent very early in the boot sequence, I had to go this route. Also, it receives the BOOT_COMPLETED intent before the internet is up, so I had to do a small hack in order to wait for the network to be enabled before launching the desired app/game.

That sounds splendid!

Say that I want to close whatever app I have chosen to start. If I do so, will the Ouya then reboot, or will it simply continue it's booting process. In other words: When I close the app, will I have to wait for the Ouya to launch?
    And also, if I press the "Y" button during bootup, the app will not launch, right? Or have I misunderstood its functions?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCapslock View Post
    That sounds splendid!

Say that I want to close whatever app I have chosen to start. If I do so, will the Ouya then reboot, or will it simply continue it's booting process. In other words: When I close the app, will I have to wait for the Ouya to launch?
    And also, if I press the "Y" button during bootup, the app will not launch, right? Or have I misunderstood its functions?
    when you close the app, the OUYA will continue its boot process where it left off. this means that it will finish hte "OUYA" intro and go directly to the main ouya launcher. This process takes approx 1-2 sec from when you close the app.

As for the y button, people seem to be misunderstanding this, what I meant was that if, after you are booted, you go back into MY app, you cna press the y button while inside it to clear the app from the boot process so that next time you reboot, it will boot normally. I really want to make it so that you can press a key while booting to boot normally, but I can't really find a good means of doing this yet since I don't think you can detect input unless your app's activity is in the foreground.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

This sounds really useful when the multi-media and versatility applications come out. I'd recommend making a feature that allows you to go into which application on start up. For example...

*Insert Booting Up Screen* Say I want Netflix. I'll just press "up" on the D-Pad, or if I want FireFox, I'll just press "down" on the D-Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    This sounds really useful when the multi-media and versatility applications come out. I'd recommend making a feature that allows you to go into which application on start up. For example...

*Insert Booting Up Screen* Say I want Netflix. I'll just press "up" on the D-Pad, or if I want FireFox, I'll just press "down" on the D-Pad.
    Again, I need to find a means of detecting input on the boot sequence before I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonazza View Post
    Again, I need to find a means of detecting input on the boot sequence before I can do that.
    Well, I know, as it was more of a "if you can" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonazza View Post
    Maybe add an option for the more advanced users that "RiotingSpectre" mentioned. Enabling this no-named option would make YOUR app launch at first on Ouya boot with maybe just a black screen or something very simple.
    With the app open, you could easily allow the user to chose which app to open using which shortcut.

Say that I want to open Netflix. I would simply boot up my Ouya, but before Ouya itself launches, your app will open and I will simply press the "A" button to open Netflix, or the "O" button to open Firefox (just an example).
    These shortcuts could be user-set, and the "black screen" I mentioned could even show which app will launch if you press which button (just showing the app icons).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCapslock View Post
    Maybe add an option for the more advanced users that "RiotingSpectre" mentioned. Enabling this no-named option would make YOUR app launch at first on Ouya boot with maybe just a black screen or something very simple.
    With the app open, you could easily allow the user to chose which app to open using which shortcut.

Say that I want to open Netflix. I would simply boot up my Ouya, but before Ouya itself launches, your app will open and I will simply press the "A" button to open Netflix, or the "O" button to open Firefox (just an example).
    These shortcuts could be user-set, and the "black screen" I mentioned could even show which app will launch if you press which button (just showing the app icons).
    But doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of this application? If your going into a menu of any kind, why not just go into the regular home screen and choose your application there? I haven't seen much of the home screen and it's layout, but shaving off a second doesn't warrant alteration to the idea if you know what I mean.