Close
Advertise Here

EYE on OUYA: #4: Exclusive video interview with Bomb Squad developer, Eric Froemling

Hello OUYA fans,

I had the chance to meet and interview Eric on Monday. In addition to being a talented developer, he's also a real nice guy. hehhehe This video is part one of a 3-part video series that I've produced sharing our conversations about Bomb Squad, being a developer and his plans for the future. Hope you guys like this one. There's more to come. So, check here and daddygamer365.com. Do me a favor and subscribe to my youtube channel too because it will help me produce more. Thanks!

www.daddygamer365.com
    Twitter: @daddygamer

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    This is a excellent video and I enjoyed the tar out of it. I especially liked how this gem of his was just getting swept under the rug until he decided to clean. I'm glad he still has things to do with this title and isn't like the 95% group of Ios developers who just up and leave when there's so much more that could be done. I'll be looking forward for more.

Thanks SugarDaddy.

Good interview. Bombsquad is one of the best games for the Ouya I've tried out so far.

Geeky gripe: the stereo sound during the interview ducks in and out of the right channel.

More Mini Games. Fantastic!!!

I learned that it's really a labor of love for him. We need more game developers like Eric. Thanks, Spec!
    www.daddygamer365.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nSyrup View Post
    Good interview. Bombsquad is one of the best games for the Ouya I've tried out so far.

Geeky gripe: the stereo sound during the interview ducks in and out of the right channel.
    Thanks, Pr0n! The mic input is actually one channel... it's a pro thing. I didn't get the chance to mix it to stereo and the software I used to edit bleeds audio from time to time. Your point is noted and appreciated.
    www.daddygamer365.com

If you are using a USB device to record the audio, the MXL 007 USB is an awesome little mic that records natively in stereo. http://www.amazon.com/MXL-USB-Stereo...ds=mxl+007+usb
    Backer# 15795, Order# 13805 - Confirmation# Y, Ouya Y!
    Most Wanted OUYA Games: BombSquad, IceRage

Good to see Eric interviewed because I LOVE THIS GAME! I tried many games & bought Bomb Squad first. I would suggest that all the modes be unlocked in the trial & purchased version becsuse I like some modes more than others & would like to play the ones I want right from the start. Also I hope we'll eventually be able to make our own maps or at least have ones that have walls & things that players can use to up the tactical gameplay instead of it always being a frag fes even though the frag fests are fun.
    Last edited by Partnur; 05-16-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conker View Post
    If you are using a USB device to record the audio, the MXL 007 USB is an awesome little mic that records natively in stereo. http://www.amazon.com/MXL-USB-Stereo...ds=mxl+007+usb
    Conker... I use Sennheiser pro lavalier mics for interviews. You don't really want to record in stereo so that you have flexibility during editing. It's usually channel 1 for mic and channel 2 for music and b-roll. The mix down usually happens after post production. My software did an OK job but it was more on a trial basis for this first one. Thanks for the tip though. I will check it out.
    www.daddygamer365.com

BombSquad is going to be my first purchase on OUYA for sure. I haven't put in my CC info yet, I've just been lazy. It's a ton of fun!
    Last edited by airman; 05-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Backer #276, Standard Edition + 1 Extra controller.
    5/13 - Delivered, replacement controller received 5/24
    May try to get oddball controller replaced (good analog, bad faceplate)