Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

Preorder Information - Official E-Mail Response 05/02/13

I finally got a response from customer service confirming the delay for pre-orders. While I was as frustrated with the delay as everyone else, I have to admit that it relaxed me to finally get some official details. It was the lack of communication that bothered me previously. I am posting this in hopes of helping other pre-orders out.

I had sent an email to Ouya.tv before the Twitter message that I posted on this forum the other day. It seems that the information in the email response below is consistent with the information that Julie Uhrman provided to me via Twitter.

Their response:

We are now shipping Kickstarter orders (placed before Aug. 8). It looks like you ordered after that time- which means your OUYA should ship after those. Originally we were intending on shipping all of the pre order units in April however, the dispersal of Kickstarter units first had to be ramped up. The good news is we have seen that huge ramp up in shipping fulfillment and are actually moving ahead of schedule. At this rate I would not be surprised if pre orders started shipping mid May.
    It is also important to keep in mind when launching a global product there may be changes to the early distribution plan - this type of thing has happened with major console launches in the form of release date push backs and in OUYA's case, truly only results in you receiving a better product as we are analyzing and making adjustments to firmware etc. According to Julie herself, here's the official take:
    "As you might imagine, the path from production line, to shipping facility, to your front door isn’t always a straight line. We’re learning more and improving production daily -- we’ve already made some tweaks that you will benefit from -- we actually changed a partner this week so we could shave days off the total shipping timeline..."
    We do apologize for any inconveniences this may cause for you and understand how this may be contrary to the original plan. Rest assured that we are working very hard to get it to you as quickly as possible and I am confident that as with all good things, the wait will be well worth it! Thanks for being a believer!
    Best,
    - Chris
    OUYA

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar

There should be the weekly update later today about shipping, so hopefully that will shed some more light on the exact details of pre-orders and what "some time in May" actually means. Also there is the reddit ask-me-anything later today, and I'm sure shipping questions will come up there too.

Still good to see they are apparently getting on top of the issue
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

I'm just going to continue what I've been doing. Living my life as I usually would. That way I can be surprised as fuck when my OUYA arrives at my door one day.

The responses from OUYA are getting more detailed and soothing, but they're still pretty cookie-cutter responses.

From 4/17:

Hi Michael,

Please keep in mind when launching a global product there may be changes to the early distribution plan - this type of thing has happened every major console launch and in OUYA's case, truly only results in you receiving a better product as we are analyzing and making adjustments to firmware etc. According to Julie herself, here's the official take:

"As you might imagine, the path from production line, to shipping facility, to your front door isn’t always a straight line. We’re learning more and improving production daily -- we’ve already made some tweaks that you will benefit from -- we actually changed a partner this week so we could shave days off the total shipping timeline..."

We do apologize for any inconveniences this may cause for you and understand how this may be contrary to the original plan. Should you decide to continue in good faith, I am confident that as with all good things, the wait will be well worth it! Either way, we appreciate your being the 276th believer!

Best,

- Chris
    OUYA
    Glad to know they say they are ahead of schedule though. Looking forward to today's update.
    Backer #276, Standard Edition + 1 Extra controller.
    5/13 - Delivered, replacement controller received 5/24
    May try to get oddball controller replaced (good analog, bad faceplate)

Well that would suck when I am still backer 5139 and still no email...

It seems like MANY of the shipments are post Aug8 backers. Once again what they are saying doesn't sync with what we are seeing.

Well they won't start shipping the post kickstarter pre-orders until all the kickstarter units are shipped. This would mean they expect to perhaps finish all kickstarter shipments by mid month.

Ed
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    There should be the weekly update later today about shipping, so hopefully that will shed some more light on the exact details of pre-orders and what "some time in May" actually means. Also there is the reddit ask-me-anything later today, and I'm sure shipping questions will come up there too.

Still good to see they are apparently getting on top of the issue
    I imagine their "update" today will read something like this: " Good news! We've shipped over 50% of backer units and expect by the end of next week to have shipped over 75%. We fully expect all backer units to be shipped in the next few weeks." Followed by the chart made in MS Paint that shows a line going up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
    I imagine their "update" today will read something like this: " Good news! We've shipped over 50% of backer units and expect by the end of next week to have shipped over 75%. We fully expect all backer units to be shipped in the next few weeks." Followed by the chart made in MS Paint that shows a line going up.
    LOL. Yep. and a ton of people still wondering why they haven't even received an email.

have to admit that it relaxed me to finally get some official details. It was the lack of communication that bothered me previously. I am posting this in hopes of helping other pre-orders out.
    Dude! Don't believe a fucking word they say. I'm backer 25000 something...and I've heard zip about mine shipping.

Well they won't start shipping the post kickstarter pre-orders until all the kickstarter units are shipped
    Ed, you don't still happen to believe in Santa Clause do you?