Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hidden in Plain Sight -- Local multiplayer only XBLIG coming to Ouya

The official thread is here.

I made a local multiplayer only game for the Xbox called "Hidden in Plain Sight", and am porting to Ouya. It's kind of a party version of Spy Party, where players try to blend in with NPC-controlled characters. It's sold over 11K copies on the Xbox, and I'm looking forward to seeing if there is any interest on a brand new platform.

It's currently 100% working on the real Ouya hardware, but I still need to figure out packaging and publishing and purchasing.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 01-17-2014 at 08:08 AM.

I'm loving the look of this game. Do you know how you plan to manage the free-trial and the pricing for this game yet?
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Nope.

The game is actually five separate game modes. So I'll probably give away two for free, and unlock the rest for $0.99.

Oh nice idea. Not a bad price for a game of this quality either. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Will there be a time-based lock out like the XBL version? Or is that something mandatory in XBLIG demos?

Also, since you probably need to update the button images to be OUYA button images, any chance they'll be higher res than the really blurry ones in the current game?

Quote Originally Posted by zamzarvideo View Post
    Also, since you probably need to update the button images to be OUYA button images, any chance they'll be higher res than the really blurry ones in the current game?
    The OUYA development docs provide official button images: https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/docs...ace-guidelines

Wow, this game has a really nice concept! I guess I can add this to the list of reasons I can't wait until June. Are you planning any kind of online multiplayer or just local?

Re: Hidden in Plain Sight -- Local multiplayer only XBLIG coming to Ouya

This seems as perfect game for Ouyas library.

The timed-demo on the Xbox is an Xbox Live thing. I didn't do any special coding for that... it happens at a higher level than my game. So no, I don't think I'll code any specific timed demo stuff. I'll just give away what I think are the best two games (Death Race and another one TBD), and if people like those, then maybe they'll think it's worth it to spend a buck to get three more.

I'm not in this to make money. I'd rather people just play and like my game.

No plans for online multiplayer, though I've toyed around with the idea. It complexifies the project by 100x.

Quote Originally Posted by zamzarvideo View Post
    Will there be a time-based lock out like the XBL version? Or is that something mandatory in XBLIG demos?

I will be updating using Ouya button images. I had no idea that the current ones were blurry...? First I've heard of it. But I'll try to use good images. Thanks for the feedback!