Close
Advertise Here

BombSquad: 8 Player Party Game (apk testers wanted)

Hey folks,
    (sorry for the somewhat-duplicate post; didn't notice this section at first)
    Anyway, I've been writing a local-multiplayer party game called 'BombSquad' for quite a while now and would like to release it on OUYA. However, I assume I won't be getting my console for a while (I wasn't an early backer though I did order in January) so if anyone here would be willing to try it out for me on the actual hardware I'd be grateful.

BombSquad_OUYA_1.3.5b2.apk

Some questions I've got:
    • I've got very generalized gamepad support in the game (you can go to Settings->Controllers->Configure Gamepads if you need to set up mappings) so I'm curious if that will be enough to support the OUYA controllers or if there's more work to do. The game should support up to 8 players if there are enough inputs present.
    • I'm also curious about little things like whether the text fields work properly (when creating a profile or game-list) and whether touchpad UI navigation works. (though you should be able to navigate completely via gamepad).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback, and I hope you like the game (provided it works)
    -eric

Wow, that looks like a very cool game. Unfortunately, I do not have an OUYA available either, but I thought you might like some positive feedback on the looks of your game anyway.

Got to play with 7 people last night. Tons of fun. I know you're working on the next update so I'll hold off on any comments. I think some of the issues might have been controller firmware related anyway.

In the future, which thread would you like us to respond to with feedback? (Since you have a post on every ouya forum for visibility.)
    Backer #1065. Developer Special.
    Ouya game postponed due working on a new tabletop role playing game, the LightWeightRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by PeasantDave View Post
    Got to play with 7 people last night. Tons of fun. I know you're working on the next update so I'll hold off on any comments. I think some of the issues might have been controller firmware related anyway.

In the future, which thread would you like us to respond to with feedback? (Since you have a post on every ouya forum for visibility.)
    Any forum works; I've got email updates flipped on for them all so I'll see it. :-)
    Here's the list of things I've been working on since that public beta.. if you ran into any issues not covered here I'd love to hear about them.
    • the game now always renders at 720p so the framerate should always stay near 60 (full 1080p was a bit too choppy for my taste)
    • i added some special calibration code for OUYA controllers (the analog stick on my OUYA controller wasn't going all the way up to 1 in some directions so characters were moving slowly; this compensates for that). It can also be flipped on for other controllers that may exhibit that same problem (though I havnt seen any).
    • various UI polish (the shortcut icons are now OUYA-specific, one controller can now 'steal' menu ownership from another if it's idle too long, etc)
    • I'm fixing text entry fields to work properly.

Thanks for any feedback.. I'm hoping to wrap all this stuff up either today or in the next few days and get it on the store.
    Last edited by efroemling; 04-28-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Awesome looking game. Saw it a week ago or so but didn't see this thread.

Can't wait to play it!
    Backer #276, Standard Edition + 1 Extra controller.
    5/13 - Delivered, replacement controller received 5/24
    May try to get oddball controller replaced (good analog, bad faceplate)

Congrats on the game, EF. I just sent you a private message.

I also just posted a Vlog preview of the game here.

https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...0894#post20894

lenguage spanish?

I can help if you still need it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulenski View Post
    I can help if you still need it
    I was able to get my hands on an OUYA and get the game polished up, so it's up on the store now :-)