Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is OUYA Shipping to West Coast of US before anywhere else?

For those of you who have received your OUYA consoles, and/or shipping notices, are you from the West Coast of the United States? There are rumors floating around on Twitter that OUYA is shipping to the WEST COAST of the US before anywhere else?

According the the stats kept on isouyashipping.com:
    - 19 OUYAs have either been shipped or have been confirmed to be shipping to people on the West Coast of the USA (CA, AZ, NV - 3 states)
    - 5 OUYAs have either been shipped or have been confirmed to be shipping to people all around the world (Midwest US, New Jersey, France, Colorado, Alabama)

This seems very lopsided.
    Last edited by AliAla; 04-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.

It certainly would appear that way based on the information from backers who have received a pre-shipment email.

1 members found this post helpful.
    It does seem like according to isouyashipping.com that a large portion of the OUYAs that have been shipped are from California and Arizona. However there have been some shipped to other places, including France. It's really hard to say, but it appears as though a larger portion of the consoles have been shipped to the west coast of the US.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I've stopped trying to guess what they're doing. Every time we figure something out, they change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bagheadinc View Post
    I've stopped trying to guess what they're doing. Every time we figure something out, they change it up.
    Agreed here, I don't even look anymore: I just check to see if more have been shipped. This increase of 2-4 units a day is bumming me out lol. I just want to log in one day and see a thread saying 1000s of Ouyas shipped today! lol

EDIT: /me contradicts himself by saying he stopped looking while replying to a thread about shipping...
    Last edited by Arkhalis; 04-16-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Just added this to my post above:

According the the stats kept on isouyashipping.com:
    - 19 OUYAs have either been shipped or have been confirmed to be shipping to people on the West Coast of the USA (CA, AZ, NV - 3 states)
    - 5 OUYAs have either been shipped or have been confirmed to be shipping to people all around the world (Midwest US, New Jersey, France, Colorado, Alabama)

This seems very lopsided.

:/ Why on earth, having started on the 28th of March, and today being the 16th of April, have we confirmed a tiny total of just 24 units actually being confirmed or shipped? That's just mind boggling. One person sitting at a computer, printing off shipping labels and sending out emails could process fast than that.

@Hush404: Thank you!!! Everyone seems to be concerned with the shipping distribution... I'm concerned that we only have data on 24 consoles! Either they are holding back units to cover their retail launch, which means they're screwing us over... or they are having severe logistical issues, which means if they don't get them resolved by June 4th Ouya's gonna be severely screwed over...

2 members found this post helpful.
    Maybe more people on the west coast backed it early on?

Those stats are also not controlled and there is not enough data either.

On a related note, who's tracking shipping of food and clean water to starving nations?
    Last edited by miketrike; 04-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.

I send out catalogs as part of my job. I stuff an envelope with a catalog, flyer, letter and business card then seal it, label it and put postage on it. To do thirty, it takes me an hour. And that's with answering a phone and handling a live chat system.

If I did that constantly over an eight hour day, that'd be 240 catalogs stuffed, sealed and posted. If I did it every weekday from the 28th until yesterday, that would be 2880 sent. And that's not counting weekends.

If one person can 2880 items prepped, labeled and posted in that time... what the hell is Ouya doing?