Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sci-Fighters - Headup Games

As angelbacker we are very proud to announce that our first title is now LIVE in the OUYA-store: SCI-FIGHTERS

ouya_icon.jpg

The games idea (created by "The Impossible Game" creator FlukeDude) is as simple as addicting: Four players are set in an arena which is haunted by a monster. Each player tries to be the last man standing using classical 2d-gameplay mechanics. By using different weapons like flash grenades, a monster potion (turning the player into a monster), an ice-rifle or even an automatic laser the players are fighting for their lives over and over again. The definite highlight of the game is the multiplayer mode for up 4 players which transforms the OUYA to a real party-console. Single-players are able to train their skills by challenging the smart AI-controlled CPU-enemies.

Sci-Fighters presents itself in a comic-like 2d-style using different settings like “Martian Mansion” or “Toxic Forest”. The game draws lovely animated characters and wonderful sceneries and background on the screen, designed by SuperFlashBros-genius Adam Vian.

The best is yet to come: Sci-Fighters comes with all features completely free. An integrated “pay-if-you-like” menu offers the players the possibility to contribute the developers if and how much as they desire.

Features

• Multiplayer-mode for up to 4 players
    • 7 different weapons from flash grenade to ice-cannon
    • Bizarre characters with beautiful animations
    • 3 unique settings with different monsters, background and according ambient-music
    • Completely free playable with integrated pay-if-you-like-option

Some Screenshots:

Screenshot001.jpg

Screenshot002.jpg

Screenshot003.jpg

Hope you all like it

WoW! Love it.

I'm having a hard time picturing the gameplay. Is there a chance you'll be uploading a video?
    Haven Luckenbill - @bluecollarart - www.OUYAGamingSource.com

There's a flash version on armor games... To be honest it's "alright" though I guess it would be more fun playing with actual people.

Yeah you can play it here: http://www.flukedude.com/sci-fighters/

Howevere it is way more fun with controllers and friends to play with!

hm... for my taste it has a too limited gameplay, but with 4 human players could be "not bad" I suppose

I've played this game on the Ouya. I feel the maps are too small. If there was some larger maps the battles could be more strategic. As it is now, it seems like a mad dash to the power ups and if you are not first then you are screwed. I.e. rush towards monster potion. Ever played the Mario party mini-games with the one player controlling machines that are trying to kill the other 3 players? That map is still kind of small but the characters are smaller relative to the map so it feels larger. perhaps messing with the size of the characters could help. I like the concept of the game I just feel that as it is now, it is not much fun since it feels like the game is mostly determined by luck.

Thanks for your feedback. We will think about reducing the player sizes, maybe you are right and it would make the game more strategic..

This don't support ps3 controllers, what a let down. No playing this at all.... Shame looks fun

The boys (13yrs and 9yrs) and I love it.
    Thanks very much. Loads of fun.
    Gotta find a 4th player.