Close
Advertise Here

Abbigale and the Monster - Renegadeware

Hi guys! This is my first release for Ouya. I wanted to see how easy it is to make a game for the Ouya console so this is the result!

Synopsis
    Join Abbigale in a journey to heal the mental madness within herself.

Gameplay
    Top-down puzzle game where you control both Abbigale and the monster. Both mirror each other's move. The goal is to move both to the golden tile.

Screenshots

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

This. Looks. Amazing. Totally my kind of game. I love to see female characters and really enjoy puzzle-solving, plus this seems like a really cool perspective. The visuals/background are stunning and I bet, if/when the game launches, people will be really interested in the concept art.
    Do you have game-play? I'd really like to see it in action and I am always curious about the music and sound design.
    Keep it up!
    Hear my music and sounds at www.elizabitcrusher.com

Hi! Thanks for the reply, I'm happy you like the visuals!

I totally forget, this is already in Ouya. I developed this for both the web and Ouya in mind. This is the link to the web version if you guys want to try the game out:

http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/abb...monster/13374/

This game is pretty much freeware, I haven't decided to expand on it...yet. I'm just happy it made it to the Ouya library!

Been wanting to try this game for a long while. Man, do I love it. Good job

The only thing that bothers me a teeny bit is the lack of support for analog sticks. I'm not a huge fan of the OUYA dpad. It's not bad, but not good either. Everything else in the game is awesome. The music, the graphics, the idea... Awesome.

there was a puzzle game for the nes that i always enjoyed called binary land. this is pretty much the same concept. what is keeping me from enjoying this game is the non-fluidity of movements and the reversed controls. i can accept the 1 square at a time movements. while they make the game feel less fluid than it should be, they aren't a deal breaker. the thing i can't seem to get past is that up is up, down is down, but left is right and right is left. i do not understand why you chose this gaming mechanic. our brains are wired to have d-pads respond as expected. inverting controls is only common in flight sim games and some first person shooters, but certainly not in a puzzle game.

is there any chance that a reversed control scheme could be added to the options?