Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

God of Blades - White Whale Games

God of Blades On OUYA!
    White Whale Games

The dead king rises! Become a spectral warrior who has returned to defend his planet against a rampaging doom-cult and the devouring touch of the cosmic horrors they serve. Wrenching this world from the grasp of oblivion, the Nameless King wields phantom blades forged from the legends and heritage of a dying world. Raise your blade, and rush into the darkness!

icon_ouya.jpgouya_screens_1.jpgouya_screens_2.jpgouya_screens_3.jpgouya_screens_4.jpg

HOLY CRAP, that is awesome. Love it!

My professional career, if anybody cares lol : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-melton/3b/2ab/2b8

My gaming history: Atari 2600 > Nintendo Entertainment System > Gameboy > Super Nintendo > Gameboy Advanced and DS > Playstation > Nintendo 64 > Dreamcast > Xbox > Xbox 360 and PS3 > Ouya and Next Xbox (Both coming soon of course).

This is gorgeous and totally bad-ass! I am super impressed by the graphics!
    The music sounds pretty epic, though it's a little tinny in my computer speakers. It seems like a cool blend of orchestra and synths that could be really unique with a lot of opportunity to write big themes that players will remember.
    Mind if I ask who the composer and sound designer are and how you hooked up with them?
    Cheers!
    Hear my music and sounds at www.elizabitcrusher.com

Quote Originally Posted by elizabitcrusher View Post
    This is gorgeous and totally bad-ass! I am super impressed by the graphics!
    The music sounds pretty epic, though it's a little tinny in my computer speakers. It seems like a cool blend of orchestra and synths that could be really unique with a lot of opportunity to write big themes that players will remember.
    Mind if I ask who the composer and sound designer are and how you hooked up with them?
    Cheers!
    thanks! our composer is Justin Kovar, he was just a friend who did awesome work, you can follow him on twitter @KovarSound

here's a link https://twitter.com/KovarSound

I just downloaded this and am enjoying it. Just curious what the Eternal and Chaos Storm modes are before deciding to purchase?

I love this game on iOS and love it on Ouya, quick question though: is the resolution smaller than the Ouya target resolution? Mine appears to be running in something like 480p, all the text and characters are pixellated, it looks like a Wii game at native res on my 1080p TV. I haven't encountered another game like this on Ouya. I've actually stopped playing because I know how beautiful this game is and want to experience it in an HD resolution. At least a slight bump and render the text natively. Just a suggestion.

I bought it anyways, still don't know what the difference is between Eternal and Chaos Storm, they both appear to be the same endless routine. Eternal has a high score and Chaos Storm only has a distance traveled, but they seem to play identical. Is this the only difference? Couldn't both stats be rolled into the same mode? I found that strange but this oddity aside, I still like the game very much. I especially loved the Slayers verses mode.

Also, I agree with Katori, the font just doesn't look right and is hard to read. I thought the low res models were intentional though, I think they look cool as is but the text really needs to be adjusted.

this game looks good, but that is all it has going for it. the game play is slow, repetitive, and super simple. you can literally walk through most levels with just 1 attack. there are 3 attacks and 1 parry move, all tied to the d-pad. this is another one of those automatic platformers that progress for you. so just run along, hit 1 of 3 attacks at the right time, and then move onto the next generic enemy. the game is trying much to hard to be bigger than it is. this just wasn't worth it for me. after about 30 minutes of playing it was deleted to make room for something more enjoyable.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

This game went totally under my radar. Asking another member has led me to believe that it feels "very mobile" and while that doesn't really sound like a bad thing to me. It however seems like a game where you press one button per second when an enemy approaches you. I'm approaching with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    This game went totally under my radar. Asking another member has led me to believe that it feels "very mobile" and while that doesn't really sound like a bad thing to me. It however seems like a game where you press one button per second when an enemy approaches you. I'm approaching with caution.
    I believe I said that.. yeah it is very "watch guy run" and swing sword around by using the analog stick.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! https://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559