Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

nds4droid - Jeffrey Quesnelle

UPDATE: 4/18/13 - nds4droid is now available in the OUYA Store!

nds4droid is the popular open source Nintendo DS emulator based off of DeSmuME!

ey guys, just wanted to let you know I've submitted a (corrected) version of nds4droid to OUYA. Big thanks to Heinous Games for letting me use their development OUYA to test it out. The OUYA I used was slightly slower than a Note 2 (about 10%) but hopefully this is improved upon in the final hardware.

For those of you unfamiliar with nds4droid it is an free (with no ads), open source Nintendo DS emulator. You can find out more information and download the APK at http://nds4droid.com. If you're interested, feel free to browse the source code on sourceforge.

I just pre-ordered $99 OUYA so I won't get mine for a while , but thanks for all the support that nds4droid has been getting!

Sv: nds4droid

This sounds absolutely great!

Why would we want to download the apk file, though? Didn't you say that you submitted this game already?
    Or did you only link to the apk because the emulator is currently being reviewed by the Ouya team and not currently available in the store?

Also, when this game hits the store, please let us know. We will then close this thread and you can create a new one in the "released Ouya games" section.

Once again, great job on the emulator. I'll be sure to check it out when I get my Ouya

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Thanks for getting this done. Emulation is a big reason I want the OUYA. The NDS collection is a hard one to get done

Anyone tested it ??

Re: nds4droid

Quote Originally Posted by emozilla View Post
    The OUYA I used was slightly slower than a Note 2 (about 10%) but hopefully this is improved upon in the final hardware.
    The dev ouya is the final hardware I'm affraid. I don't think the ouya will be able to match a Note 2 running an emulator.

I think for 3D games the ouya would beat the Note 2 because it has a better GPU but for emulators I think the Note 2 would win because it has a faster processor...

Sent from my GT-N7100

OUYA has rejected the app several times for copyright reasons (screenshots included of a game list with names of DS games...) but I'm hoping that version 26 that I just submitted will get accepted.

nds4droid has finally been approved and should appear in the store at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by emozilla View Post
    nds4droid has finally been approved and should appear in the store at any time.
    Sweet, cant wait to try it out when I get my ouya. Do you have any demo videos?

Great news! This is now available on OUYA!
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Is it possible (with the ouyas hardware in mind) to emulate multiple devices at once? I dont have much experience in this field!

I mean it would be pretty awesome to have gameboy/ds competitions against each other, imagine having a "First to complete mario" competition on the same screen!

Maybe im just dreaming....
    I made the OUYA exclusive games Cube and Creature and Hellworm!
    evgiz.net