Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Syder Arcade - Studio Evil

When we backed the OUYA kickstarter we had just released our first game on PC and Mac. Today we are ready, proud and happy to present Syder Arcade to all of OUYA gamers.

Syder Arcade is a free scrolling multi directional shoot 'em up. A love letter to '90 games for the Amiga and PC. An uncompromised old-school experience, a furious, challenging action game that will bring you back in time, when games were all about skill and perseverance... and also madly swearing at your computer.

Relevant features:
    • 6 challenging campaing levels;
    • 1 survival mode level;
    • 3 different starships and play styles;
    • 4 difficulty levels;
    • Huge capital ships;
    • Lots of badges to earn and improve your high scores;
    • 20 different retro graphic filters: C64, ZX Spectrum, Amiga HAM, and many others!
    • Amiga-style soundtrack.

Syder Arcade OUYA is better than its mobile counterpart Syder Arcade HD in many aspects. Improved graphics are the most prominent feature, with normal maps and better compression on textures, but you will find that also music and sound effects have a better quality. Gameplay balance is tuned toward the more challenging PC version thanks to the controller support, and our signature "retro" visual filters are back!

As the OUYA sdk gets updated, we will probably be able to improve the game even futher. We expect to add a couple of post effects and bring the challenge even closer to the PC verison, having tons of bullets and enemies on screen at once.

You can learn more about us visiting our website and following us on Facebook and Twitter. If you have any kind of question don't hesitate to ask here, I'll be glad to answer :)
    Last edited by seya; 03-31-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Game seems great from the screenshots.

Can you possible add a Video of some gameplay? Or maybe reveal the price of the game, so that I can add it to my "to-buy" list?
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Re: Syder Arcade - Studio Evil

From screen shots looks very promising.

This seems to be a great job
    If you accomplish to do a work similar to PC version, it will be a huge success!

Sembra un ottimo lavoro!
    Se riuscite a fare qualcosa di simile alla versione PC, sarà un successone!

Forza, ragazzi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCapslock View Post
    Can you possible add a Video of some gameplay? Or maybe reveal the price of the game, so that I can add it to my "to-buy" list?
    Ouya owners already have access to a free demo version with a 2.99$ full unlock We will surely make a video soon! We have tons of stuff to work on in this moment so I can't give tell you exactly when, but meanwhile I can show you both trailers for PC/Mac version and iOS/Android one.

And thanks everybody! Grazie Outlander999, speriamo!

A cracking title wll worth the unlock, had fun with the OnLive version.

I'm hoping this game helps me get my Gradius fix. Don't forget to come back and put up an official video for us to see! Will get this soon as I have my ouya in my hands.

I like what you said about possibly upgrading it a bit more later too with more bullet action. Keep us updated please.

I'm trying to find the 'helpful post' button but I can't find it... Oh well, + rep for you.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

This looks like an experience that's a crime to miss. I have one question and that question is, what was your guy's inspiration? I see a little Ikaruga in there, maybe?

I guess you can consider both Project-X and Uridium 2 as inspirational muses for us