Close
Advertise Here

Twitch.tv - Twitch

The following was taken from the Twitch.tv blog

Twitch App Coming to Ouya

Mar 28 2013 We’re wishing good luck to our friends at Ouya on their launch event at GDC tonight at 8pm PT. The Android-based Console was a Kickstarter phenomenon, and they start sending the first batch of consoles to Kickstarter backers starting today.
    We’re proud to announce that Twitch will be among a select group of native apps on the Ouya upon launch. That’s right, Ouya will be the first console on the market to include a native Twitch viewing app. Sit back on your couch, fire up your new Ouya, and bring the full Twitch experience into your living room.
    You may recall that last summer Microsoft announced the coming availability of a Twitch app for XBOX. We know that has been hotly anticipated by the Twitch community. Unfortunately, we ran into some development snags, but rest assured it is slated for release in May. You will be the first to know!
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Twitch on OUYA

I just got my backer-Ouya on wednesday. (problems with custom office in germany )

After I booted it up I started testing it with a friend of mine. The first thing he said while looking on available apps:
    "Wow, you can stream to Twitch with it?"

He was a bit disappointed that the twitch app is only a player
    Ouya Devs, official Ouya team, what do you think about integrating direct twitch support into the firmware of the console?
    So it might be possible to add another system account for twitch (beside the one for ouya) and activate Twitch in the start screen to start streaming.

This doesn't answer your question, but I too was disappointed in the app, but for a different reason - it doesn't seem to allow me to log into my Twitch account and watch the users I follow (which is also pretty much the only times I ever use Twitch). Am I missing something or is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevelator34 View Post
    This doesn't answer your question, but I too was disappointed in the app, but for a different reason - it doesn't seem to allow me to log into my Twitch account and watch the users I follow (which is also pretty much the only times I ever use Twitch). Am I missing something or is this accurate?
    I was actually coming here to post about this.

As of the current OUYA release and prior to this weeks Play Store release, there was no way to log into your Twitch account. However, the Play Store just got an update a couple days ago that now allows you to log in and see the streams you follow, so I'm guessing the Twitch update for OUYA isn't far off. I was coming here to ask if anyone has heard if/when they were going to update, actually.

As for Streaming from the OUYA to Twitch.tv, there is currently no reliable way to do that on Android (phones, tablets, or anything else). If you've ever tried to find an app out there to stream it to a computer/internet, you'll find 99.999% of them do not work or if they do, it's at 15FPS or less, which is unusable. It's just not something that Android is currently capable of doing, but I think this will change in future Android updates, although I'm not sure if we'll ever see them on the first generation OUYA.

When are we getting the search and login to your account features on the app? To be honest, I find it a useless app as it is right now. I only watch 2 streams and unless I'm REALLY lucky I can't find them.

Just installed the Twitch app, because I wanted to watch RocketBeansTV on the big screen. Ratings for the app are very good, so I'm very surprised to find out that I can't type my login data into the form. Is this issue really still not fixed or am I doing something wrong?