Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

OUYA News: OUYA to Launch with Approximately 55 Games Today - Here is a List!

OUYA to Launch with Approximately 55 Games Today - Here are some of them that will be available today
    By: Ed Krassenstein

(March 28, 2013) Well, today is the day! OUYA is expected to launch their Android based game console later this evening, as well as begin shipping nearly 60,000 consoles to their Kickstarter backers.

OUYA CEO Julie Uhrman informed Bloomberg News, that about 55 games will be available with today's OUYA release. As many of you know, we have been keeping a list of games coming to the OUYA, that have been confirmed by either developers or OUYA themselves. That list now stands at over 590 different games, and it has been growing every day. While OUYA only plans to launch with about 55 games, it is fully expected that they will gradually add more titles each day. The full OUYA launch is not until June, when it hits retail outlets such as Best Buy, Target, Amazon.com, GameStop and Game stores (UK). It's possible that we could see several hundred games on OUYA by then.

So, surely you are wondering which games will be available today. Unfortunately Uhrman did not make that announcement. However, according to some reliable sources, the OUYA store has been up and down over the past few days, for those who already have an OUYA Developer Unit. We have been informed by a source that would prefer to remain anonymous, that the following games are available on the OUYA store:

- Little Crane
    - Evac
    - Gunslugs
    - Pingo
    - Highway Rally
    - Around the Rock Disc Golf
    - Giana Sisters
    - Abbigale and the Monster
    - The Ball
    - Stalagfight
    - Puddle
    - Striker Soccer
    - Canabalt
    - Command Crisis: Callsign (top down shooter version)
    - Paper Wings
    - Gamius Type IV
    - iMech Online
    - Rage Runner
    - Beast Boxing Turbo
    - Orbiter
    - Fist of Awesome
    - Star Shipping
    - Skymaze 3D
    - Organ Trail
    - Radiant
    - Airstrike
    - Muppen64 (N64 Emulator)
    - EMUya (NES Emulator)

The following have been confirmed to be launch titles by their developers today:
    - Wizorb
    - Word Shaker
    - Natural Soccer
    - Saturday Morning RPG
    - Hexicheckers Free
    - The Vestibule
    - Mosaic
    - Proton Pulse
    - RED
    - Syder Arcade
    - Pixel Pig Deluxe
    - Puddle
    - Knight Tower
    - ConSoul (x86 PC Emulator that comes with comes with Duke Nukum 1, Commander Keen 1, and Prince of Persia 1 shareware versions)

This same source said there were approximately 40-50 games on the list altogether, but these were all they could remember, since the store was no longer up and running. Keep in mind that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that these games that were in the OUYA store could be removed prior to launch for one reason or another. However, we feel confident that the majority (if not all) of these titles will be available at launch.

So are you ready for the OUYA launch? Which games are you looking forward to playing?
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

I'm looking foward to play FEZ and Gravitation

Just so excited at the launch that I'll be trying all the games.

That's one of the crowning draws of the console for me after all - the fact I can try every game before buying.

Emulation? Roms? M'eh - couldn't care less. I just want to see lots of unique indie developed games that deserve my money and deserve to be played.

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    We have been informed by a source that would prefer to remain anonymous, that the following games are available on the OUYA store:
    You're like a spy. Will you update this post when all the games are revealed?

Yeah, we will try and keep the post updated.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

They are launching the emulators big call. Couple on the list I will be demoing with a view to buying. Wonder if we will here about Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by tickling View Post
    They are launching the emulators big call. Couple on the list I will be demoing with a view to buying. Wonder if we will here about Final Fantasy.
    Big call? What do you mean? If your talking about their "face" that their trying to protect and you think emulators will hurt that. I don't think that will be the case.

What I mean its a risk launching them. I think most would see it as risk even if they think it is a small one. I would of thought they would of tried to keep things as risk free as possible or it could be they are using them as a means to get some publicity.
    Last edited by tickling; 03-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Administrator James Andrew Coote's Avatar
    I was kinda hoping I'd be able to access the store today on my devkit, but still getting the "brace yourself/coming soon" message. I guess OUYA will throw the switch and allow access to the store at the launch party tonight, when all the media attention is on them
    @JamesACoote
    Executive Star now available on OUYA Discover

Quote Originally Posted by James Andrew Coote View Post
    I was kinda hoping I'd be able to access the store today on my devkit, but still getting the "brace yourself/coming soon" message. I guess OUYA will throw the switch and allow access to the store at the launch party tonight, when all the media attention is on them
    Something tells me that they will launch the store AFTER the launch party as they want as much attention as they can on their little show.