Close
Advertise Here

King of the Hill - 9Volt Software Sweden

9Volt Software Sweden proudly presents King of the Hill for OUYA, which should be available with the kickstarter release.

King of the Hill features:
    • Customisable dirt bike
    • Realistic physics using Box2D
    • Endless gameplay mode
    • Downloadable user-created levels
    • Retail levels (created by 9Volt Software)
    • In-game editor to create and submit levels (all retail level is actually created using this editor)
    • Highscores on all levels
    • Customisable controller based on your preference

Features coming in future updates:
    • Same-couch multiplayer
    • 3D-mode
    • Tons of more objects that can be added to each level
    • More customisations
    • More retail levels
    • And so on...

Here's a quick preview of the game (we're sorry for the lousy quality, we're terrible at creating trailers.):

And here's a screenshot that shows how much fun one can have with the editor and Box2D :-)

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, propose ideas and so on.

Best regards,
    9Volt Software Sweden

Nice. I am definitely going to try that out. Object packs and alternate terrain types would be a good DLC for this one.

There's actually three different terrains (each type have different effect on the bike) to choose from when creating a custom level: default, winter and sand.
    But I obviously forgot to describe this in the post. Thanks for reminding me

Will definitely check out this game!
    What is the price going to be, if you do not mind me asking?
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

You'll get 10 retail levels, a endless mode and a mode that we call 100m dash (all with highscores), for free. Then for $0.99 you'll get the level editor, the ability to dowload user levels, plus 15 additional retail levels (we'll add more additional retail levels along the way as well).
    This is not an OUYA exclusive title, so all content generated on the upcoming release for Android and iOS will be available for you as well

This is very addictive game although it exits unexpectedly every time my score does not qualify to local top 20 in unlimited hill climb. I had also issues with using L2/R2 as break/throttle and it was existing unexpectedly while driving. I changed to right analog stick from settings and now throttle seems to work although there is no break. Still there is more addiction than frustration.

Hi edelman,

Great to hear that you're enjoying our game! To bad you found some horrible bugs, though! I'm working on resolving these issues at the moment, and we'll have a new version uploaded as soon as possible!

Please keep the feedback coming so that we can improve our game further!

Regards,
    9Volt Software Sweden

I've enjoyed playing this game - it's both fun and challenging. Unfortunately, I'm also having a lot of problems with the game unexpectedly crashing, or the controls "stick" and become unresponsive for a few seconds before crashing. I don't get credit for the gas cans I've collected, my distance doesn't get recorded... it's frustrating! But I haven't deleted it in the hopes that an update to fix these problems will be forthcoming.

Great game . If there's ever a fix for the game crashes I would gladly buy it . Also the maximum head start doesn't work for the unlimited hill climb . The standard head start worked for me but when I upgraded to the maximum level I lost both .

Why this is in new OUYA games? what's new in here because I just few days ago played this one. Now my OUYA is my Christmas present so can't test it before then.

I saw it at ouya.tv front page