Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Square Off - Gnomic Studios

Features:

• Intense and addictive twin-stick style gameplay.
    • Beautiful graphics and sound (you will be the judge of that of course).
    • One to 4 players locally.
    • 7 Campaign levels for co-op or single player.
    • 5 Deathmatch levels with multiple game modes.
    • Endless survival option in Campaign levels.
    • Online high score charts.

Important notes

• Free demo available with 2 player mode
    • Full version is just $3 and allows 4 players and unlocks all levels

Last edited by GnomicStudios; 04-02-2014 at 01:14 AM.

What will the in-app purchases consist of? Personally, I'm very reluctant to spend money on any game that has in-app purchases, much rather pay a little more upfront for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    What will the in-app purchases consist of? Personally, I'm very reluctant to spend money on any game that has in-app purchases, much rather pay a little more upfront for the entire game.
    I believe his post pretty much already says this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomicStudios View Post
    "Unfortunately a bug in the In App Purchase has prevented us offering the full version initially, but we'll be working to bring it ASAP.[*]Actual price of the full version is yet to be determined. It's likely to be around $3."
    As far as I can see, the only thing they will sell is the full version of the game.
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCapslock View Post
    I believe his post pretty much already says this?

As far as I can see, the only thing they will sell is the full version of the game.
    My reading is they want to offer the full version for $3, which will have in-app purchases within it. Since in-app purchases are not currently working, they are only offering the demo at the moment. If they only planned on selling the full-version of the game, a "bug in the in-app purchase" would be irrelevant.

Anyway, hopefully Gnomic Studios will reply with confirmation one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    My reading is they want to offer the full version for $3, which will have in-app purchases within it. Since in-app purchases are not currently working, they are only offering the demo at the moment. If they only planned on selling the full-version of the game, a "bug in the in-app purchase" would be irrelevant.

Anyway, hopefully Gnomic Studios will reply with confirmation one way or another.
    Full game purchases can only be made via in app purchase since the game download has to be free on OUYA, and there is nothing to indicate that there will be microtransactions of any kind separate from the IAP to unlock the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zamzarvideo View Post
    Full game purchases can only be made via in app purchase since the game download has to be free on OUYA, and there is nothing to indicate that there will be microtransactions of any kind separate from the IAP to unlock the game.
    Ahh, my bad. I didn't realize that was how the system functioned.

This is looking like alot of fun!
    Vax Gravity - 3D Platformer
    Rune Gear - CSG Level Editor

Wildrune
    http://www.wildrune.com

Yep, once the IAP issue is resolved, the only thing purchasable will be the full version of the game. I doubt we will add further paid items as we are hard at work on the sequel, Square Heroes.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion guys.

BTW, Ouya have now approved the game .

Just posting to say that I've updated the original post and the full version is now purchasable. The game has also been promoted from the Sandbox into the Categories.... woohoo yay! Thanks to everyone who thumbed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomicStudios View Post
    Just posting to say that I've updated the original post and the full version is now purchasable. The game has also been promoted from the Sandbox into the Categories.... woohoo yay! Thanks to everyone who thumbed it up.
    Good luck! I quite liked the demo and will probably purchase the full version.

P.S. In case you were curious, you were Kickstarter backer number 5 for OUYA. Thank you for believing.